Lt. Commander
# 131
09-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyrex View Post
being a lifer and also i purchase almost all on the c-store what will this mean for us will we get a partial refund or something else to compensate for such a large layout of cash. Also if its going free to play how will new content be brought into the game if you are not making that much money if any off it?
what makes you think that any of the C-Store items will be available for "free"... you understand that free to play is translated as "Free to play a subset of the game with some additional features available for purchase " and you have examined the champions FTP matrix right?
Lt. Commander
# 132
09-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Anyone who feels they'll be hard done to by being a lifetime subscriber needs to check out how Champions have done it. For startes, if you've been a LTS since the very start, you've already got your money's worth. But, additionally, subscribers are better off in Cryptic's F2P model, and you'll stay a subscriber.
I for one, am really looking forward to this going F2P and I hope its sooner rather than later, especially as they've already seen how to transition through Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 133
09-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
what makes you think that any of the C-Store items will be available for "free"... you understand that free to play is translated as "Free to play a subset of the game with some additional features available for purchase " and you have examined the champions FTP matrix right?
Generally people reach the "free" conclusion because the Champions FTP matrix includes a C-Store point stipend for subscribers, lifetime subscribers are still subscribers, thus lifetime subscribers get C-Store points for no monetary investment greater than what they have already paid. And since people have trouble looking backwards are money already invested, they consider that stipend to be "free."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris8016 View Post
Anyone who feels they'll be hard done to by being a lifetime subscriber needs to check out how Champions have done it. For startes, if you've been a LTS since the very start, you've already got your money's worth. But, additionally, subscribers are better off in Cryptic's F2P model, and you'll stay a subscriber.
I for one, am really looking forward to this going F2P and I hope its sooner rather than later, especially as they've already seen how to transition through Champions.
I dig your optimism and share it, looking to the future I forsee a gaming experience currently superior to what I have now and for the same amount of money invested.

However, you're wrong to say that people who have been on a lifetime subscription from the start have already gotten their money's worth. Had I, as a person who got his lifetime subscription from the start, instead chosen to subscribe on a month by month basis than I would have saved 150 dollars on my lifetime sub for those 10 months I took a break while waiting for more KDF content development.
Lt. Commander
# 134
09-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Not that any of the whiners here are going to read it before jumping on the QQ button, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There are alternate ship variants like the Rhode Island coming to nearly every tier and class of ship. All of those ships will be available for cpoints. All of the ships that you can currently purchase for EC are going to be purchased via Dilithium. Dilithium is replacing Emblems/Badges/Marks/Etc and can be earned at all tiers (plus you are given some as rewards). Many ships (Dilithium and Cpoints) are going to be repriced in the near future. Then if you factor in a subscribers stipend, and the ability to trade cpoints for dilithium - then subscribers will have the ability to get any ship they want, where as others will have to trade their dilithium for cpoints to get them. All will become much clearer when I can go into further detail when we start to talk more about the coming soon details.
So you all have fun raging and quitting and throwing your temper tantrums. I'll be enjoying my shiny new ships.
Lt. Commander
# 135
09-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Silly question alert: what's all this talk about dilithium? *confused face*
Lt. Commander
# 136
09-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne
Not that any of the whiners here are going to read it before jumping on the QQ button, but...

So you all have fun raging and quitting and throwing your temper tantrums. I'll be enjoying my shiny new ships.
one thing to say really.

lol
Lt. Commander
# 137
09-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
They are merging all in game currencies; credits, emblems, badges, marks, what have you, into a single currency that's operating on the tentative name of "dilithium." They are also setting up an exchange where the new "in game currency" or dilithium can be traded for C-Store points.

Adding the almost certainty of a subscriber C-Store stipend to devalue C-Store points, and this will create an interesting economy dynamic that I expect will sustain a fairly equitable rate of transaction between dilithium and C-store points.
Lt. Commander
# 138
09-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
they are cleaning up the badges and emblems into one new currency that might be called dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 139
09-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Damn, I must have had my head in the sand these last few weeks - I'd not heard anything about it.

Hmm, not sure what I think about that. I agree that the current currencies need to be simplified, but having only one currency...?? That seems a bit basic really.
Lt. Commander
# 140
09-02-2011, 04:25 AM
'Dilithium' is the WIP name given to a tradeable currency that allows transition between in game currency and money without having to spend yourself. Eg. You can buy somebody's c-store points off them for in-game money.

Not all the currencies are being merged. Just the tiered ones it sounds like, eg. marks, merits, medals, honour etc. I don't even know what most are called, where you get them from or anything and I've been playing since the start.