Lt. Commander
# 141
09-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Yeah that's not a bad idea to be honest. Any ideas when they're going to implement the changes? Or is it "on the cards"? :p
Lt. Commander
# 142
09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
F2P sounds alright, if as many of have mentioned, lifer's get perks that make up for paying the large lifetime fee. That said, I have already paid for the game, and have been playing F2P, if you will, for the last 5 months. That is, it took roughly 13 months I estimated for a lifetime subscription to equal out a monthly subscription when I bought one pre-launch last year.

My only concern is that going F2P now...means more time spend changing the basic structure of the game, rather then adding new content,...especially a third Faction. That will be the down side when F2P comes in December 2012 (?). "Merry Christmas everyone, you can play STO F2P, and experience one full faction, and only one side faction after almost two years!" Great...
Lt. Commander
# 143 End Game
09-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Hope this means more End game content. Champions has Unlocking Fee for F2P player on this which is standard in many F2P games.
Lt. Commander
# 144
09-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Oh right...does this also mean the beginning of seeing new Captains in space with starships names such as:

Admiral: Pwned You
U.S.S. Yourowned234456

??? I'm just curious....
Lt. Commander
# 145
09-02-2011, 06:05 AM
for me this is a bad thing and i think its a bad idea.. dont like it.
Lt. Commander
# 146
09-02-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm not a lifer but I am a 500 days vet. Does that mean the subscribers like me will get C-Points as well?
Lt. Commander
# 147
09-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Hmm, not sure what I think about that. I agree that the current currencies need to be simplified, but having only one currency...?? That seems a bit basic really.
Seems to work in CO and I for one, as a primarily solo, end game player, am looking forward to being able to do more than the same five missions for "emblems."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextar
Oh right...does this also mean the beginning of seeing new Captains in space with starships names such as:

U.S.S. Yourowned234456

??? I'm just curious....
Yes, the next time you see Admiral Pwned You it'll be a new player and not the same old Admiral: Pwned You that's been flying around since game launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedlo74656 View Post
I'm not a lifer but I am a 500 days vet. Does that mean the subscribers like me will get C-Points as well?
If they folllow the Champions Online format, and the indication from the news release is that they will, then yes. Any subscriber, whether they be a lifetime subscriber or a guy paying month for month, will receive a Gold Account membership that will include a monthly stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 148
09-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedlo74656 View Post
we dont know yet; we'll know in a week or so...

but the likelyhood is it will look that this:

http://champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

paying subscribers and lifetime both get the stipend in that model.
Lt. Commander
# 149
09-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Damn, I must have had my head in the sand these last few weeks - I'd not heard anything about it.

Hmm, not sure what I think about that. I agree that the current currencies need to be simplified, but having only one currency...?? That seems a bit basic really.
there will still be EC, latinum and merits/honour plus the new one. its the badges, marks and emblems all being consolidated

it should simplify things and allow people to start saving from the start of the game. once you out level a badge or mark there is no need for it and just gets in the way. it may be basic but sometimes you dont need to reinvent the wheel.
Lt. Commander
# 150
09-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextar

U.S.S. Yourowned234456

??? I'm just curious....
lol, we already have that.