Lt. Commander
# 31
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Ah, and I thought that this was going to be the announcement with FAQ, Matrix, and everything else a week early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockazoid
there had better be some serious reimbursement for us lifetimers
As I stated in another thread about this:

"this move to the hybridized F2P model doesn't have me concerned one bit. At worst, I'll continue to play for "free" and still have all of the content. At best, I'll also have a monthly stipend of CP to spend as well."
Lt. Commander
# 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
It's doubtful they'll backstab lifers, since its going F2P, they'll count on every person spending money in the CStore. Lifers still bring in revenue, I've purchased quite a bit of things as it stands.
If they chose to backstab lifers, what could we do? We would have little recourse. If they wanted to screw us there is next to nothing we could do. Complain? Do it enough and I'm sure at some point we would violate a rule or two and get perma banned from the forums and possibly the game. I think its possible. Read the agreement. Will there be a new end user agreement now? And what if I don't like whats being offered? I'm screwed.

Granted, that is a lot of what-ifs. But it could happen. There is nothing keeping them from abusing this. In business, ethics are a what people make of them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
Please tell me that you're still going to honor the purchases of the Lifetime sub, as I'm another week away from buying it

(I need that borg!)
I wouldn't worry...Champs still sells Lifer subs with the benefits that go along with it
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
I would love to see Accolades offer Cryptic Points for completion, just like LOTRO deeds give points.
Yep as I mentioned earlier myself, I really hope they add this to STO. I didn't get into LOTRO in enough time to get a lifetime account, really wish I did though.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Try again... You were too quick!
And shortly after this announcement the server dies for many people. Talk about bad timing.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-01-2011, 05:01 PM
ok fill me in, what is to happen to lifers?
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Well here's to hoping Lifetime Subs don't get scrubbed. If so, goodbye STO.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers View Post
If they handle it the way Turbine handled lifers, you'll be more than compensated for your faith in the game.
I hope this is the case on a personal note, and - for STO - I hope the F2P works out for the best. Onward to the Duty System soon I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
There are plenty of examples of good Hybrid model games, even Cryptics own Champions. No need to worry, you will not get screwed. I look forward to free to play, as I basically get paid to play the game with the stipend. What better reimbursement then that.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockazoid
there had better be some serious reimbursement for us lifetimers
Lifetimers stay premium members

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
OMG ! good thing i bought a lifetime sub . I have played for over a year! I've got almost everything I want and PW-Cryptic will give me a free C-Store credits to buy anything else I could want..... All for being smart and buying a lifetime during open beta!!

FULL OF WIN 4 me!!

. I'll play STO even more..
Full of win here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
More than likely we'll get free points every month and be VIP forever. I don't see a downside.
No down side at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune-A View Post
ok fill me in, what is to happen to lifers?
Lifers stay a premium account for the life of STO. The only way to lose it is if STO shuts down which is a long way of since there is a strong fan base.