Lt. Commander
# 501 Any crossover for LTS
09-06-2011, 07:37 AM
I apologize if this has been answered before, maybe someone can point me to it but in case it had not been asked let me ask.

Is there any chance now that STO is going F2P that those who have LTS might get a benefit to offset the investment we made? If you calculate the costs LTS is a 2 year investment, yet after 1 year it goes F2P. Now do not get me wrong I appreciate F2P and play CO using F2P, (I can not afford the investment in both games, especially not knowing the STO future which we do now).

Any chance that the LTS could be spread across the cryptic titles? Let LTS be "Gold" for both games (bring back the true value and then some) or some version of benefit? Maybe it gets you discounts on the F2P game if you are LTS on the other? I mean it seem reasonable as they used the same account info, the same cryptic points essentially tying the two together in some fashion seems like a win-win for both games, for players of either and possibly of both.

Just some thoughts.

Conian (STO/CO, Konian/Klingon, and many other names within the usshall family)
Lt. Commander
# 502
09-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Go to the first post and read a little....
There is no "Official" word yet on how the F2P will work, it's all player speculation at this point, tho.
Lt. Commander
# 503
09-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Goldspammers were a prob since day one. Just click ignore on anyone who tries selling gold over chat.

I have played a few f2p games and i wont go into massive detail but you can be sure of a few general guidelines.

1. monthly c-store points stipend for lifetime and monthly subscribers (larger for lifetimers of course)

2. New content (like the next feature episodes) will be limited to subscribers and possibly as unlockable for free players with a cstore purchase.

NOTE: Many have speculated on blocking stf's from free to play but that would cut them off completely from endgame content and wont happen in my opinion.

3. Access to tribble and most likely foundry will be limited to subscribers. Although free players may be allowed to play foundry missions (just not make them)

4. new character types (caitan, ferengi, etc) have always been c-store unlocks and will remain so. I see no changes in the regular character generator for free players.

As to specific details on which missions will be blocked for free players (ie custom fleet actions, challange system for pvp, etc) we will have to wait and see. But i see this as a good outline on what will most likely happen.
Lt. Commander
# 504
09-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshall View Post
I apologize if this has been answered before, maybe someone can point me to it but in case it had not been asked let me ask.

Is there any chance now that STO is going F2P that those who have LTS might get a benefit to offset the investment we made? If you calculate the costs LTS is a 2 year investment, yet after 1 year it goes F2P. Now do not get me wrong I appreciate F2P and play CO using F2P, (I can not afford the investment in both games, especially not knowing the STO future which we do now).

Any chance that the LTS could be spread across the cryptic titles? Let LTS be "Gold" for both games (bring back the true value and then some) or some version of benefit? Maybe it gets you discounts on the F2P game if you are LTS on the other? I mean it seem reasonable as they used the same account info, the same cryptic points essentially tying the two together in some fashion seems like a win-win for both games, for players of either and possibly of both.

Just some thoughts.

Conian (STO/CO, Konian/Klingon, and many other names within the usshall family)
See #2:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=230169
Lt. Commander
# 505
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
The F2P information page is now live!
Lt. Commander
# 506
09-06-2011, 10:20 AM
And its made of fail. Level 25 level locking the KDF Faction? No, just fix the god forsaken faction instead of shoving it under the rug.
Lt. Commander
# 507
09-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
And its made of fail. Level 25 level locking the KDF Faction? No, just fix the god forsaken faction instead of shoving it under the rug.
Personally I think the solution is perfect, it removes the Klingon grind problem, because you have less content but less xp to get. I am really hoping that the Romulan faction takes less time because it could be started at say...level 35.
Lt. Commander
# 508
09-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I love KDF Al you know this. However, i will say that this change makes sense, but only if they actually follow thru. If by Feb 2012 we dont see a substantial update with KDF content I will be right there with you with my torch and pitchfork.

I am curious still about those of us getting a CO and STO stipend. Will these pool together so that I can use them across both games? I would love to use my stipend in whatever I'm playingmore of that month.
Lt. Commander
# 509
09-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I have a question. With regards to BOff slots, it only says silver get "Purchasable" ones.
  • Am I to take this to mean that they won't unlock new BOff slots at all?
  • If so, how are they supposed to fully man the BOff stations on T5 ships? Seeing as a starting player only has four BOff slots, but a T5 ship has five to fill.
Lt. Commander
# 510
09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
THIS IS NOT GOOD....

The servers can't handle logins now when they release new content for the paying people, how are they going to handle the influx of non-paying members.. Servers needed to be upgraded at start but we still have issues dropping and crashing the servers now!

Lifetimers have been getting slapped in the face from day one... Oh never mind the contributions the lifetimers gave to the game upon start to get it going, their just normal joes now...

Play needs to be capped at level 20!

This is going to kill this game. Think of the extra accounts paying members will create for exploits and such. Are they just not thinking???

Come on Cryptic, knock some sense into perfect world!

Jeremy