Lt. Commander
# 531
09-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
FYI, almost 400 people have voted in this poll and over 60% feel positive about F2P:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=230116

You should still write if it makes you feel better, but you definitely arent in the majority.
Or to put it otherwise, 71% is either FOR or doesn't care whether the change occurs or not.
Lt. Commander
# 532 Good Things
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I think at this point every dedicated player in this game is excited and ready for this game to go F2P. I'm super excited to see the flood (hopefully) of new players as well as some of our old friends returning. This is going to be huge for new content as well! :-) I truly can't see any negative in this move and if they go with their Chamions model I'm sure all will be satisfied even us lifers!

Nice Work~
Lt. Commander
# 533
09-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty damn happy with the details. I'll save $5 per month by not having to buy C-points.
Lt. Commander
# 534
09-06-2011, 02:33 PM
f2p after 1 year only... good job cryptic -_-
Lt. Commander
# 535
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
when does f2p start? evn though i'm a lifer i'm just curious
Lt. Commander
# 536
09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
this thread should really be frozen or locked so people can just go to the FAQ post and get all the info that is currently available
Lt. Commander
# 537
09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
F2P OMG thats just crap
Lt. Commander
# 538
09-06-2011, 05:25 PM
For crying out loud! The Gold players get shafted! Look at the Champoins matrix and fix yours! We need a lot more as Gold subscribers, and not a longer shaft!

In Champions, we get:

Premium Archetypes, most travel powers, more costume choices, way more character slots *and* 400 C-Points a month FOR FREE with a subscription.

In STO, we will get:

Only 1 more character slot than Silver, no unlocked premium races, no unlocked premium ships, no new x.5 ships, no additional costumes for free. We will *only* get 400 C-Points a month FOR FREE with a subscription.

It's time we get leadership in the game that isn't so short-sighted and lacking in business sense!

Seriously, who over at Cryptic really thinks there is any incentive to go Gold with such a raw deal as this?
Lt. Commander
# 539
09-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
For crying out loud! The Gold players get shafted! Look at the Champoins matrix and fix yours! We need a lot more as Gold subscribers, and not a longer shaft!

In Champions, we get:

Premium Archetypes, most travel powers, more costume choices, way more character slots *and* 400 C-Points a month FOR FREE with a subscription.

In STO, we will get:

Only 1 more character slot than Silver, no unlocked premium races, no unlocked premium ships, no new x.5 ships, no additional costumes for free. We will *only* get 400 C-Points a month FOR FREE with a subscription.

It's time we get leadership in the game that isn't so short-sighted and lacking in business sense!

Seriously, who over at Cryptic really thinks there is any incentive to go Gold with such a raw deal as this?
I agree. Thanks for making my Lifetime Sub worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 540
09-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuston
Advertising something then pulling the old switcheroo is not a way to do business and expect people to ever bother with your product or your company again.

Sorry guys, need to do alot more work on your f2p transition plan before it goes live.... ALOT MORE.

I couldn't agree more.

And from what I've read, lifetimesubs here won't get nearly as much as they do on Champions. Perfect World has stated that free 2 play accounts for STO will not be hindered in any way from gaining all levels, character types and content.

Thousands of us spent a significant portion of their yearly game dollars on purchasing this game for a lifetime subscription. If I had known that STO was going f2p after 18 months, I never would have purchased lifetime sub. I would have waited until f2p to play. I could've spent the $239 sub +$69.00 game +$160 atari points on other things.

My mistake. Nobody else's. Trust me when I say that I've learned my lesson.