Lt. Commander
# 541
09-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I wont gripe or complain. I will point out, if you keep this model, you are going to lose most of your subscribers. People that pay and lifetimers are seriously being robbed.
Lt. Commander
# 542 wow
09-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I am a monthly subscriber to STO and when i saw the Break down to the gold membership the first thing that popped into my head was wow i hate to be a life time member. i would be so mad if i bought a life time sub. and saw that not only is there nothing really given to be a gold member but the FTP players are getting a better deal. everything is really unlimited for them, they get everything that everybody else does. It is just a smaller amount. ok so you are limited in your bank but how much does a person really put in there bank if they are using the items. and also with all the missions plus Pvp wide open to them they will be ranking up even faster then a person who was here at the beginning. I will save my questions for the Q&A but i suggest that the STO team take a better look at what they are really doing here. With me being a Monthly subscriber i now can think that the free to play is the better deal. ok so i donít get a veteran reward anymore but who needs more fireworks. and i may lose a bridge officer. but i am going to stay subscribed because i donít want to see STO lose tons of money with everybody jumping over to FTP. i just wanted to post my support of the lifers who spent all that money just to see a person who doesn't have to pay a thing and get EVERYTHING that they do.
Lt. Commander
# 543
09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
I couldn't agree more.

And from what I've read, lifetimesubs here won't get nearly as much as they do on Champions. Perfect World has stated that free 2 play accounts for STO will not be hindered in any way from gaining all levels, character types and content.

Thousands of us spent a significant portion of their yearly game dollars on purchasing this game for a lifetime subscription. If I had known that STO was going f2p after 18 months, I never would have purchased lifetime sub. I would have waited until f2p to play. I could've spent the $239 sub +$69.00 game +$160 atari points on other things.

My mistake. Nobody else's. Trust me when I say that I've learned my lesson.
Yep.
People keep citing Turbine or CO as how the F2P model will be here, but it's much more practical to see how Perfect Worlds has handled F2P. They'll want a consistent model across all their F2P games, even if that means transitioning CO/STO's F2P model to theirs over time.

People need to go play games like FlyFF or Spiral Knights. A F2P player can do anything and everything in those games, but it's extremely difficult if you don't drop $$$ in their shops.
Lt. Commander
# 544 Wo0t!
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for C-STORE ONLINE! WHOOO!!! Free to play, but pay to win baby!

*grabs his wallet*
Lt. Commander
# 545
09-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Anyone else realize that by starting at lvl 25, Commander 5, the first 2 Tiers of Klingon ships become completely obsolete. Who would fly them?
IMHOPO...
I think this move is ridiculous. When KBF started this game as a exsisting Klingon fleet from SFC2, we came to fly Klingon and we all were unhappy we had to fly Fed until Lt 6 to even make our Captains.
Now you'll have to level 3 times as much to start a Klingon, Gorn or Naussecan.
They still havn't figured out not everyone that liked Star Trek wants to play as a member of the Federation when ST was about about mutiple spieces and cultures spread acros a Galaxy.
I have 1 Fed VA, recently made since for a long time I had no Fed, deleting my original still at L6.
I have 4 Klingon Lt Gen.
I fail to see at all how this will encourage new Klingon fans to even want to play this game.
And here I was thinking maybe I could encourage some I know to come play, or even come back, despite the continuing lack of content, just because it would be F2P...yeah...right...

Oh yeah, and I'm not too happy about losing my Liberated Borg option as a Lifer, either.

That is all...
Lt. Commander
# 546
09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
well the biggest up side for the free 2 play is now there gonna have to get the backsides in gear on content now cause it realy depends on players spending there money in the cstore and if they dont keep new content comeing and keep our interest we wont be loging in to play and spending our money, and percet world wont have that after spending so much money on buying cryptic, they have to realy produce now on all tha games cause they gotta make that money bank now lol
Lt. Commander
# 547
09-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
I wont gripe or complain. I will point out, if you keep this model, you are going to lose most of your subscribers. People that pay and lifetimers are seriously being robbed.
you said you weren't going to gripe and complain and then thats what you did. that being said nobody is getting robbed. that is how free to play games work. the majority of people are not subscribers, the company makes their money through microtransactions, which longterm are more profitable

Quote:
lifetimesubs here won't get nearly as much as they do on Champions
lifetimers are supposed to get access to the game free for life. which you are. you're not supposed to get anything else. what you said comes off as elitism.

Quote:
Perfect World has stated that free 2 play accounts for STO will not be hindered in any way from gaining all levels, character types and content.
which is how free to play is supposed to work. otherwise its not free to play, its a demo

Quote:
I agree. Thanks for making my Lifetime Sub worthless.
nobody did that. you are getting lifetime access to the game without sub fees. thats what you paid for when you bought the lifetime sub

Quote:
It's time we get leadership in the game that isn't so short-sighted and lacking in business sense!
actually what they're doing makes perfect business sense. they will make far more money on free accounts buying stuff in the store than they will relying off of subs instead. thats how free to play systems work

its amazing how many people here don't get that they don't care about sub money in the long term. their concern is getting as many people into the game free as they can and then giving incentives to buy from an expanded cstore, and make far more money than they are now with subs.
Lt. Commander
# 548 P4f
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
yeah, and down we go. gold silver. 3 characters. bs. time for a new game of choice.lol i hope it goes well but i gotta feeling this is the spark that will burn this game down,,.

And in the guys who bought the lifers and got all the free stuff to incourage you to get it. "FLUSH" say bye bye.

friggin bad joke

Set course and transwarp to the newest nickel and dime yeah game. WOOT!!!
Lt. Commander
# 549
09-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
you said you weren't going to gripe and complain and then thats what you did. that being said nobody is getting robbed. that is how free to play games work. the majority of people are not subscribers, the company makes their money through microtransactions, which longterm are more profitable

lifetimers are supposed to get access to the game free for life. which you are. you're not supposed to get anything else. what you said comes off as elitism.

which is how free to play is supposed to work. otherwise its not free to play, its a demo

nobody did that. you are getting lifetime access to the game without sub fees. thats what you paid for when you bought the lifetime sub

actually what they're doing makes perfect business sense. they will make far more money on free accounts buying stuff in the store than they will relying off of subs instead. thats how free to play systems work

its amazing how many people here don't get that they don't care about sub money in the long term. their concern is getting as many people into the game free as they can and then giving incentives to buy from an expanded cstore, and make far more money than they are now with subs.
You keep wanting to ignore the fact that Gold subs are going to cost more than silver with very little redeeming value. Why is this?

Foundry author access? pfft. Not many people author missions, not worth Gold.

C-Points? Yeah, that's nice, but not incentive enough.

Character slots? Are you really going to short-change us like that? That's only 1 more than Silvers get, then we have to go to the C-Store. There's no value in Gold.

All species being available to everyone? No value in Gold.

Have to buy ships like Silvers do? No value to Gold.

More bank and inventory slots? Whoop-de-freaking-doo! Not worth a Gold.

Limited chat? When the Silvers meet the criteria, this becomes worthless to Gold.

Limited fleet stuff? See above.

Cant have more than 2 Boff's as Silver? Unless they make buying Boff slots a "gouge-your-eys-out" high price, there's no point in going Gold.

Being a Gold sub should, on a free to play game, be more worthwhile than this because instead of the C-Store supplementing subs, it's now going to be the other way around.

I broke down each and every little thing that is considered to be a difference. There is nothing big here that will keep a subscriber paying that monthly fee. If I knew I was going to get *repeatedly* shafted as a subscriber, I would have told Cryptic to kiss it where the sun don't shine, walked away, and watched this game die a horrible slow death a long time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 550
09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWiggles
Quit trolling. People have the right to feel as they choose. Don't like it? Don't read the forums. Simple.
I signed up a year before you did and all I've seen is lifers (not all of em) whine about how everything released into the C-Store they should get free. They paid to play the game free for however long it lasts or until they drop dead of old age. Elitism is a pathetic attitude some of these lifers have.

I plan to get the lifetime at some point in the future and i have no problem paying extra for stuff in the C-store. F2P is great for those of us that can't afford the monthly subscription or lifetime.