Lt. Commander
# 611
09-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
Max of 4 BO slots... T5 ships having 5 BO slots... better rethink this one, Cryptic, especially if you plan on introducing T6 ships. Or change it from F2P to P2W.
I agree with this, the minimum should be at least 6 or you get 2 regardless when you reach RA otherwise yes, there is no other way of calling this anything except P2W.
Lt. Commander
# 612
09-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Max of 4 BO slots... T5 ships having 5 BO slots... better rethink this one, Cryptic, especially if you plan on introducing T6 ships. Or change it from F2P to P2W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.Brex
I agree with this, the minimum should be at least 6 or you get 2 regardless when you reach RA otherwise yes, there is no other way of calling this anything except P2W.
Please stop spreading lies.

This post right here clearly states they have enough bridge officer slots. it was posted on 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Silver players will have access to just enough Bridge Officer Slots to be able to fully man their ships. They won't have the ability to have a seperate roster of Bridge Officer for Ground and Away missions like you currently do. Unless they decide to purchase additional Bridge Officer slots.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 613
09-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Ok, having looked at the f2p news I have to admit they get a very good deal, better than in fact I think they should in comparison.

The bank and inventory slots (initial) are fine but we could have the increased slots purchasable more times than f2p.
The priority login for lifers + subs is right.
I would change fleet actions and pvp stuff to priority for the lifers/subs.
400 points pcm for us is a bit low!

There needs to be more available on the c-store, like more pets.
We should be able to convert points into in-game currency (should we wish) like latinum etc (maybe not).
I'd like our ships to travel a bit faster in sector space.
We should be able to do more dailies than f2p.
Please don't allow missions like "explore the Delta Volanis cluster" to be done more than once a day for f2p.
I agree with the initial storage limit.
I think one more character slot for gold members would be nice.

Overall, if I compare now to when I bought my sub at the start, I can see cryptic have done a good job shaking out the latency etc and they do actually care what the community thinks (unlike some games!)

I wonder if we will soon be able to convert 'zen' (perfect world) into cryptic points and vice versa? In my community of players, some of us play other pw games like 'PW' and 'FW', maybe a dev can answer that or try to find out?
Lt. Commander
# 614
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala
I have bought the 6 month sub...what happens to me? do i still keep paying and paying for something that is free to play or do i get perks too?
It's up to you... as a monthly subscriber, you're considered a Gold account and get any benefits that Gold accounts get (400 free CP/month, Foundry creation access, Vet Rewards, priority login status, etc); when it comes time to resubscribe, you can continue to pay and have Gold access or cancel your subscription and drop to a Silver account status, but lose any benefits you get (no free CP/month, can only play Foundry missions, queue to log into game behind Gold accounts if it takes off under F2P, time played in Silver does not count towards Vet Rewards and you won't earn them, etc.)

Look at the F2P Matrix HERE and decide whether or not you want to continue subscribing when your 6 month subscription ends.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx
Lt. Commander
# 615
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
I have been reading through most of these posts and I would like to try and clear something up for the Lifers that think they are losing stuff when STO goes to F2P.......

As a Lifer you don't lose anything. You will have everything you have today when F2P starts.
The F2P matrix is showing what a new player has at both options. Someone who has played for a while and is staying a subscriber or is a LTS will have everything they have already gotten, they will not lose ANYTHING.......

I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get my LTS while I was in Closed Beta and I paid $250 for it ...

What going to F2P changes for me is that I now receive $5 a month in C-Store points to play STO. Since I have a LTS this means that in 50 months Cryptic will have refunded my $250 in C-Store points and now will actually be paying me $5 a month in Cryptic points to play the game.....:p

I am one Lifer that is looking forward to this .......
Lt. Commander
# 616
09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I truly hope you read the sarcasm in my opening statement. I want nothing more than to play the game without limits, which is what I'm getting, the 400 points are just icing. I expect nothing more.

However, to sweeten the Lifetime deal, which they will still offer after STO goes F2P, then there needs to be a little added perk to hopefully boost sales. That's the entire point to my post.
But ideally they would want to sell less LTS, even now because they make more money in the long run from subs. it kind of makes me nervous that they are still selling LTS. it says lets make as much money as we can before we abandon the game
Lt. Commander
# 617
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
LOL i thought it was one and the same
Lt. Commander
# 618
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I have been reading through most of these posts and I would like to try and clear something up for the Lifers that think they are losing stuff when STO goes to F2P.......

As a Lifer you don't lose anything. You will have everything you have today when F2P starts.
The F2P matrix is showing what a new player has at both options. Someone who has played for a while and is staying a subscriber or is a LTS will have everything they have already gotten, they will not lose ANYTHING.......

I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get my LTS while I was in Closed Beta and I paid $250 for it ...

What going to F2P changes for me is that I now receive $5 a month in C-Store points to play STO. Since I have a LTS this means that in 50 months Cryptic will have refunded my $250 in C-Store points and now will actually be paying me $5 a month in Cryptic points to play the game.....:p

I am one Lifer that is looking forward to this .......
very well said
Lt. Commander
# 619
09-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonyx View Post
It's up to you... as a monthly subscriber, you're considered a Gold account and get any benefits that Gold accounts get (400 free CP/month, Foundry creation access, Vet Rewards, priority login status, etc); when it comes time to resubscribe, you can continue to pay and have Gold access or cancel your subscription and drop to a Silver account status, but lose any benefits you get (no free CP/month, can only play Foundry missions, queue to log into game behind Gold accounts if it takes off under F2P, time played in Silver does not count towards Vet Rewards and you won't earn them, etc.)

Look at the F2P Matrix HERE and decide whether or not you want to continue subscribing when your 6 month subscription ends.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I was thinking it was going to LTS or F2P and nothing in the middle. I am still happy with my monthly subscription..again thank you for your help..
Lt. Commander
# 620
09-12-2011, 12:54 AM
What will happen to time cards? it would be logical that they would go away...BTW..my six month subscription is breaks down to about $12.50 a month...does this mean my subcription will be going up to the $14.50 a month...i would hope it would stay the same.