Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 631
09-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Lifers should and DO get preferential treatment we get it in the form of the borg toon and the LTS badge plus now we also get 400 points every month
lifers do not get preferential treatment from anyone, nor should they. the borg toon and badge is a perk, a bonus for having bought it. they are not preferential treatment. theres a big difference.

and everybody that subs gets the 400 points. its part of the subscription.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 632 lifers gone a bit mad
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi forums, i felt i had to say something atfter reading a fue mad lifers posts,

As a lifetime sub myself i dont think its a bad thing for sto to go ftp, i realy dont.
because as the devs had said is after the release of free to play all will get more FE
and if they dont get that right then the first free to players will tell every how bad it can be and thats no good for any one .
if they get it right to quote the jman from stoked ''it will be those good old golden times, that we all know and love

should bee good, i realy do think it should be good, go devs go . lol




Dont screw kilgons, Qapla'


and im almost shore that its only lifetime subs who can change the colors of there posts


the borg are comeing, run and hide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 633 ok ok
09-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
lifers do not get preferential treatment from anyone, nor should they. the borg toon and badge is a perk, a bonus for having bought it. they are not preferential treatment. theres a big difference.

and everybody that subs gets the 400 points. its part of the subscription.
Preferential treatment might have been the wrong word but i was trying to bridge the opinion of 2 posts your and another's .... I agree that no one is better and i love the perks i get now and when the game is F2P

by bridgin the 2 posts i was trying to sympathise with both sides and explain in my own way that yeah i have a LTS but im happy with the perks/preferential treatment i get
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 634
09-14-2011, 06:23 PM
i wonder if you get 400 points each month in star trek can you take them to CO ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 635
09-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefra
Hi forums, i felt i had to say something atfter reading a fue mad lifers posts,

As a lifetime sub myself i dont think its a bad thing for sto to go ftp, i realy dont.
because as the devs had said is after the release of free to play all will get more FE
and if they dont get that right then the first free to players will tell every how bad it can be and thats no good for any one .
if they get it right to quote the jman from stoked ''it will be those good old golden times, that we all know and love

should bee good, i realy do think it should be good, go devs go . lol




Dont screw kilgons, Qapla'


and im almost shore that its only lifetime subs who can change the colors of there posts


the borg are comeing, run and hide.
that hurts the eyes please dont do that again
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 636
09-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbillie View Post
i wonder if you get 400 points each month in star trek can you take them to CO ?
no you may not
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 637
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbillie View Post
i wonder if you get 400 points each month in star trek can you take them to CO ?

Only purchased Cryptic Points are game agnostic; Lifetime stipends are hard coded for the particular game and do not even show up in your total when you go to the other game's C-Store.

Example: You are a Lifer in CO, and just got your first month's stipend of 400 CP. You have 500 purchased CP banked and you want to buy the new Venture variant (for 800 CP). In CO, your CP points would show as 900 CP... however when you go to STO, your CP total will only show 500 CP.

Hope this helps.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 638
09-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Take all the money you earn from c-store purchases and give us Romulans and Cardassians please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 639
09-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyjitat View Post
Take all the money you earn from c-store purchases and give us Romulans and Cardassians please.
While I'm definitely in favour of them being added, I think it's more important they make the klingons a more well rounded experience first. They need more missions, ships, costumes and so forth before they should even be considering adding more races.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 640
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agodlessdeath View Post
But ideally they would want to sell less LTS, even now because they make more money in the long run from subs. it kind of makes me nervous that they are still selling LTS. it says lets make as much money as we can before we abandon the game
Bolding added to high lite OPs assertion.

No it does not, it is just your opinion that it says that.

Other MMOs use this same model and are going like gang busters. Why? Because now there is a steady revenue stream from the store as many F2P, subscribers and Lifetimes spend real Dollars, Marks, Pounds, Euros, Won, Yen, Renminbi, Rupee, Rand, Real and other RL money, some will spend more than others.

For example, Lord of The Rings Online went F2P a year ago, player count went up dramatically (Observed number of players in lowbe areas that are still busy with new players one year later, on one server.) Many of the new F2P'rs liked the game so much they have subscribed. LoTRO has an expansion coming out next week, and a promised update 2 months after that and it is expected that about every two months new updates will be releases with an expansion once a year. This is due to LoTRO going F2P. I think Cryptic will do the about same.

From my experience in LoTRO, STO going F2P is a good thing and a win for Lifers, sub'rs and F2P'rs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.