Lt. Commander
For regular updates via the message of the day providing you the latest information on all EVENT CONTENT updates...

Players can join the REDALERT global channel in game by right clicking on top of their chat box, selecting the 'Channels' tab, typing in REDALERT and clicking join.

This channel's topic is EVENT content on the Live server (Holodeck)... You can see which events are occuring by pressing J to access your journal, then clicking on the event images for more info alternatively go to www.stowiki.org/Event. Please do not be rude, insult others, spam, troll or go off topic, thank you.
  • Owners: 2

• Admin: 3

• Operators: 7

The channel has 6351 members at present.

Devs that have joined the channel as a casual observer or to gather feedback or to participate in events are Beltoram, Cryptic_Gozer, dstahl, Farktoid5000, PWE_BranFlakes, Tumerboy and ZeroniusRex.

http://www.stowiki.org/Global_Channel_Directory

For "Borg Invasion Tips and Information!" (click here), credits to Captain Zebular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
You may also want to check the STOWiki page Borg Invasion and the Unimatrix 0047 Command Ship pages.

Release notes:
  • Space

• There are no REDALERT pop ups in the Eta Eridani, Gamma Orionis or Pelia Sector Blocks.

• The Borg will invade every sector at random intervals on a per sector basis. Look for a “Red Alert” button on the lower right side of your screen.

• When a REDALERT pops up in a sector block instance, you have seven minutes to get to that sector block before the button vanishes.

• The Borg that invade are set to level 45 and everyone that is under level 45 will be bolstered to that level once inside the map.

• Any player above level 45 that enters any Borg Red Alert map aside from those in the Orellius and the Zeta Andromeda Sectors will be bolstered down to level 45.

• The Borg that invade the Zeta Andromedae Sector are level 51. Players will only be bolstered to level 45.

• The Borg that invade the Orellius Sector are level 53. Players will only be bolstered to level 45.

• The Borg enemy in the invasion Deep Space Encounters have no drops but give 5 times XP for kills. This bonus XP stacks with one xp boost and the QXP weekend if its running.

• Players are offered a mission to receive a 15 minute XP boost upon entering the zone.

• There are a significant number of accolades associated with this event.

• There is a daily mission associated with the mission in each sector, which means 11 daily missions in all. The reward for this daily is either a random item or a level appropriate emblem/mark

Channel notes:
  1. How to use this channel:

• The channel topic is EVENT CONTENT, so any discussion on this topic is on topic, any discussion not on this topic is off topic.

• General use: Announce events, discuss events and use the channel to find a team to play certain events.

• Borg (Space): If you see a REDALERT button in the bottom right corner of your screen, tell the other players in this channel the Sector Block location and instance number.

• Borg (Ground): Use the channel to find a team to defend the planet Defera and discuss tactics.

• Please note that you can right click on any other user and choose to 'Ignore' them if necessary.

2. How NOT to use the channel:

• Do not use the channel to claim false Red Alerts, do not discuss anything that is off topic, do not be rude, do not insult other users, do not spam and do not troll the channel.

• Players breaking the channel rules will be given fair warning and if a player continues to break the channel rules they will be muted.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
This is a great idea! Kudos to you guys for making it
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-01-2011, 05:01 PM
This channel will help alot to remove Alert reports from other channels were they can quickly become a source of annoyance. Thanks for making it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
lol your late we already have red alert channel
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
This is a great idea! Kudos to you guys for making it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
This channel will help alot to remove Alert reports from other channels were they can quickly become a source of annoyance. Thanks for making it.
You're welcome, please help by spreading the word, but also note the simple rules in the OP, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
lol your late we already have red alert channel
Late posting this thread? Not really, the BDSE's went live today and late creating the channel? Most definitely NOT, the REDALERT channel was created by me on the same day that the Borg DSE's went to the Tribble Test server for the first time.

I'm aware that more channels have been created for the same reasons since I announced the creation of this channel and other players are free to do as they please, as they have always been. However the biggest difference between this channel and any other, will be that I WILL ALWAYS KEEP IT UP TO DATE and provide up to date information on all of the latest updates.

I will allow other players moderator rights provided they fit a certain criteria as I have all ready done so and I would still like more players to volunteer, see the OP if you're reading this and interested.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
You're welcome, please help by spreading the word, but also note the simple rules in the OP, thank you.

Late posting this thread? Not really, the BDSE's went live today and late creating the channel? Most definitely NOT, the REDALERT channel was created by me on the same day that the Borg DSE's went to the Tribble Test server for the first time.

I'm aware that more channels have been created for the same reasons since I announced the creation of this channel and other players are free to do as they please, as they have always been. However the biggest difference between this channel and any other, will be that I WILL ALWAYS KEEP IT UP TO DATE and provide up to date information on all of the latest updates.

I will allow other players moderator rights provided they fit a certain criteria as I have all ready done so and I would still like more players to volunteer, see the OP if you're reading this and interested.
Glad to see a channel specifically for this purpose. I'll be sure to join when I lon on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-01-2011, 05:20 PM

I will allow other players moderator rights provided they fit a certain criteria as I have all ready done so and I would still like more players to volunteer, see the OP if you're reading this and interested.[/quote]

we had red alert up before the first red alert sounded so yes you channel was late
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindPilot

I think what BlindPilot met was Cryptic made a Red Alert Channel in game for the same thing you are
doing.

EDIT/ADD BlindPilot already posted this so yeah that is what he meant lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks Im in!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
so my question is what happens when we try to join Cryptic's Gobal Red Alert? do we automatically get pushed into this one?

No offense I'm sure you are a great mod. I'm just wondering what happens.