Lt. Commander
# 1 New @Name?
09-02-2011, 03:52 AM
I have created a new at name on a different game and set it up here basically to see if anyone is using it. I wander though, is there anyway to transfer my 4 VA toons to this new handle? I know it would be a new account. Is it totally impossible? My original @Name is lame because this is my first MMO and I did not take the time to think of a name I liked. I know its kinda silly but there it is.

Thanks
Offender
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Actually I'd like to change my handle too, but I believe thats impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2011, 06:12 AM
ive wanted to change my handle because i want it to match my signature for my character. it sucks that they dont allow more freedom on that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2011, 07:10 AM
I believe the general policy on this is that you are known by your handle in game (reputation). They will not change your handle since that gives you a clean slate removing any good or bad reputation you accumulated on your previous handle.

I also believe that backend wise, the system knowns you by your handle, changing that would break things.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-02-2011, 07:59 AM
You can change your handle if it's same as your username.
Just open a GM ticket for the request and write 3 possible choices for a new handle. You will get the first one that available of the three you provided.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I believe the general policy on this is that you are known by your handle in game (reputation). They will not change your handle since that gives you a clean slate removing any good or bad reputation you accumulated on your previous handle.

I also believe that backend wise, the system knowns you by your handle, changing that would break things.
In other mmos you dont have a handle and can change your username anyway. So that are no good reasons.
The only good and right reason is prety simple: there are far more important things to work on in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSaviour
You can change your handle if it's same as your username.
Just open a GM ticket for the request and write 3 possible choices for a new handle. You will get the first one that available of the three you provided.
As far as I remember it works the other way arround. When handle and loggin name were the same you could change the login name, not the handle.
When ppl who chose the same handle and loggin name requestet tho change the handle in the beginning of that game the devs answered with "nope thats not possipe because of *insert random technicL explanation*, so change the loggin name"
Does make more sense, too. The diffrence between handle and loggin name is there for security reasons, where is the benefit if everyone know your loggin name (since, when it was changed, the old handle was obviously the loggin name)
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-02-2011, 08:42 AM
No, they change your in game handle.
My account name and my in game handle were the same and I managed to change my in game handle....

Look an the first question.

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2011, 09:01 AM
so where do I go to change this name? atari? thats where i get directed too
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSaviour
No, they change your in game handle.
My account name and my in game handle were the same and I managed to change my in game handle....

Look an the first question.

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing

This must be correct because I know someone who changed his in game handle but for silly fleet bs reasons he removed me from friends and i cant contact him now.