Lt. Commander
Ok I've had enough. I've done 40 Elite STF's now, I got nothing but Borg Chips and some stupid Rare Weaponary which isnt worth anything. How long does it take before I even get a purple drop to get some Mk XII gear?

Pretty dissatisfied about this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Ok I've had enough. I've done 40 Elite STF's now, I got nothing but Borg Chips and some stupid Rare Weaponary which isnt worth anything. How long does it take before I even get a purple drop to get some Mk XII gear?

Pretty dissatisfied about this.
I can only assume you're doing Normal STFs since you consider the weapon tech drop you got 'useless'.

If you are doing 'Normal' difficulty STFs, you will not receive any Prototype Tech drops. Those are the only means to gain the MkXII sets at this current incarnation of the system.

Common Tech (MkX) and Rare Tech (MkXI) are what you'll get from Normal-difficulty STFs in addition to Rare Borg Salvage. But if it's Mk XII gear you want, you'll have to stay grinding away in Elite for a chance to roll between you and your four compatriots to see who gets the tech...if it ever appears.

And thus, you meet the reason why many a person is dissatisfied right now: The pretty, shiny, non-gimped sets flaunted about on advertizing and by D'Vak and his crew are nigh impossible to get, and barely likely to even be seen any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotaka
I can only assume you're doing Normal STFs since you consider the weapon tech drop you got 'useless'.
With all due respect, assume what you want, I'm stating a fact here and I have no reason to lie.

You find Mark X Rare (Blue) drops on Elite STF's worthwhile?
I don't think so.

Like I've said before, I've done approximately 40 >>>ELITE<<<, yes you've heard it right, E-L-I-T-E STF's now both PuGing and with my Fleet, and I got nothing that would possibly get me any new MACO or Omega MK XII gear. How long would it take for us to get it anyway? 6 Months? Perhaps 12 Months?

It's just rediculous. If you do Elite's, which is pretty darn hard when you are pugging it, you'd expect alot more chance to get drops that will eventually get you Mark XII M.A.C.O/Omega gear.

It's the same chance bullsh*t as the Jem'hadar ship with less then 1% chance. Oh I got the ship alright, but that doesn't mean I can be disappointed with how Cryptic works these days.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
How long would it take for us to get it anyway? 6 Months? Perhaps 12 Months?
Yes. Thats the point, this is a long-term achievement, not something that you can achieve in a couple weeks.

There need to be more things in this game that keep people around for longer periods of time. When STO first came out, you could complete and achieve ALL the content in the game in a couple weeks.

Now, its actually going to require commitment to get something like MK XII gear, which is a GOOD thing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Grinding the exact same thing over and over again gets old and is not the same thing as actual content. No matter how much this kind of relentless grinding might try to pull it off, this is a lazy means of pretending to offer content. It's an illusion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Grinding for the exact same thing over and over is ONE thing.
Its just half of the problem.
The other half is: Grinding over the same thing over and over WITHOUT THE EVEN SLIGHTEST RESULT.

The MKXII equip JUST comes at random drops, you cant work for it.

You can easyly go into the STFs 1000 times and get N O T H I N G.

IF we'd go in there and at least be closer to our goal with every run.... even just a LITTLE bit.. that could work.
But not that way, thats why I have given up the STFs when I learned that what I was working for.... and thats just the omega ground VISUAL (about the set and its stats I just care secondary) is just available though the MK XII drops.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2011, 08:17 AM
This all is just a bunch of crap honestly.

MK X is worthless. You dont even get an armor visual for your MAKO ground armor.
MK XI is dissatisfying. The MAKO armor looks retarded without the gauntlets, gloves, helmet and shoulder pads.
Really really disappointed from the MK XI stuff.
And doing Elite STF´s 10000000 times to EVENTUALLY get a MK XII drop - No thank you .
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Grinding for the exact same thing over and over is ONE thing.
Its just half of the problem.
The other half is: Grinding over the same thing over and over WITHOUT THE EVEN SLIGHTEST RESULT.

The MKXII equip JUST comes at random drops, you cant work for it.

You can easyly go into the STFs 1000 times and get N O T H I N G.
Exactly, If we players had a definitive point at which we could get the armor there would be no problem. It is the fact that the components needed are extremely rare AND that players must fight between themselves for all of the ridiculously scarce gear. Think of all the resentment that that could create between players, why there was one elite STF I was in where a team member won one of the random rolls for one of the prototype borg techs and they promptly left the team, making it impossible for the rest of us to continue! As well, does Cryptic really want it's high level players to overplay their main endgame content, make it trite?

This cannot continue, make the entire set attainable at mark 11 and make the hard to get mark 12 suitable for its unnecessary unattainability.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2011, 08:54 AM
i can only agree..

i wasn't even able to do the optional objectives in the Elite runs i did so far.

for now i will just stick with normal runs until i at least got my ship full with anti borg guns... and that probably will take long enough to get at least one Mk XI set.

The worst part of it is that i have 7 Chars and can't even believe that i will EVER get one set complete if i concentrate on ONE of those chars.

For the Mk XII sets there is just no light at the end of the tunnel.

I have no problem grinding away for the next 2 years (at least it's something better to do than those stupid Breen dailies!!! ...and you don't do it alone in a singleplayer map that has teaming DISABLED...).

But not knowing IF the reward ever comes... that is... not encouraging at all.
And not only are we waiting for ONE certain drop, no we need THREE... or 6 ...or 12?
so... chances at getting that last one, be it out of 3 or out of 12... will be even slimmer.

I remember in Diablo 2, i always got one set item 3 or 4 times and the one item that was missing never dropped.

My guess is that the STF Queue's will be empty by the end of March because nobody will bother with it any longer after getting the Mk XI items.

Then you will have to wait 10+ minutes to get a pug started, just like it is with PvP now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Grinding the exact same thing over and over again gets old and is not the same thing as actual content. No matter how much this kind of relentless grinding might try to pull it off, this is a lazy means of pretending to offer content. It's an illusion.
Not even considering the people who can only play at weekends, it would probably take 2 years to get a full mk xii gear set.

Hey, I'm not someone who can only play at weekends, its just an example, I can be sympathetic towards other players ^-^

I do understand obtaining MK XII gear should come with the obstacles and difficulty, and doing Elite STF's for it, but these drops are purely random and like the dude said above, it could take 1000 Elite STF's before you ever got 1 single purple drop. Lets be honest here, its ludicrous.

But its the way Cryptic implements it, its purely based on chance, and it sucks. But isnt everything getting based on chances and luck in this game lately? Jem'Hadar ship, STF gear, Doff passive chances, free Doff subnuke changes soon, bah.