Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Well there are now 2 new T4 ships in testing on tribble and each has a special ability. One is a new Galaxy-class and the other is a new Vor'Cha class, here is the info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
General:
  • There are two new ships for tribble testing and feedback prior to their C-Store debut next week. They are accessible via the experimental ship vendors in the Qoínos and ESD ship yards. Please collect the ship itself and the costumes in order to see the ship in its final state.
    • Exploration Cruiser Refit: Venture Class
      • Based on the Galaxy class design, the new Exploration Cruiser Refit: Venture Class represents the pinnacle in Starship Design. This vessel comes equipped with an Antimatter Spread Module. This Console Mod allows you to fire an Antimatter Spread around your ship to confuse your foes sensors. This Mod can be equipped on any cruiser, in any console slot.
        • The Venture Class ship costume will also be unlocked for customization with your Vice Admiral Tier Galaxy.
        • Weapons:
            • 4 Fore
            • 3 Aft
          • BOff Stations:
            • 1 Lieutenant Tactical
            • 1 Lieutenant Engineering
            • 1 Commander Engineering
            • 1 Ensign Science
            • 1 Lieutenant Science
          • Console:
            • 2 Tactical Mods
            • 3 Engineering Mods
            • 3 Science Mods
            • 4 Device slots
      • Vor'Cha Battle Cruiser Refit: Vor'Kang class
        • Based on the classic Vor'cha class ships of the late 2360s, the new Refit Vor'Kang class was engineered to combat the growing threat from the Federation. This vessel comes equipped with an Isometric Charge Module. This unique Console Mod allows you to unleash an isometrically charged electrical attack that chains to other nearby targets, increasing in damage with the number of targets it hits.
        • The VoríKang Class ship costume will also be unlocked for customization with your Brigadier General Tier VoríCha.
        • Weapons:
            • 4 Fore
            • 3 Aft
          • BOff Stations:
            • 1 Ensign Tactical
            • 1 Lieutenant Tactical
            • 1 Lieutenant Engineering
            • 1 Commander Engineering
            • 1 Lieutenant Science
          • Console:
            • 3 Tactical Mods
            • 3 Engineering Mods
            • 2 Science Mods
            • 3 Device slots
Initial thoughts to the impact on PvP since these console items can be moved to any cruisers? My initial opinion is that the Galaxy mod is essentially a free scramble sensors, while the Vor'cha's is a spam clearing device....anybody else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2011, 05:40 PM
The Vor'Cha module sounds alot like the Chain reaction pulsar on the Akira in Armada..
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Could be a free jam sensors. As for the Klingons, they get chain lightning now?! That wouldbe a cool effect to see, Diablo 2 chain lightning in this game
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2011, 07:37 PM
zomg zomg zomg!!!

I want newzz conzloles on cstore to buy to finalllyy pwnz thos pvp b*tches and dont pop myselvvvv!!!!

hax.:p

Canzz this be put on ma escot?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
zomg zomg zomg!!!

I want newzz conzloles on cstore to buy to finalllyy pwnz thos pvp b*tches and dont pop myselvvvv!!!!

hax.:p

Canzz this be put on ma escot?
I'm gonna get an mvam and put ssIII and fawIII and every console on it.. Epic winz lol!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I asked at least three times on TTS what the counters were to this game, and Fark could not answer. When I challenged someone about the OPness about these consoles and told them I'd bet real money Cryptic didn't put any hard counters in, Fark said "oh i'd definitely take that bet". Then I asked what the counters were again and got no answer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I have to say honestly that I have bought the oberth console myself just to check it out, and to me it seems to be of great help to someone who is a novice. I still find that batteries in general with their much more potent power boost are more effective in pvp.

As for the new RI console, I feel the same way about it as I do do jam sensors. It just delays the inevitible and depending on the situation is little or no nuisance at all to me.

If they are going to keep this trend I'm really not worried about future consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I want MOAR LIGHTNING EFFECT.

Otherwise.. the power is pretty sweet for a 2 minute cd
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
How much damage do the anti spam console do?
and why klings have it, instead of feds mhm
and why the feds get the "cloak a bit like" console instead of klings mhm ^^

For nothing else it would be usefull.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
26k with all my tac buffs on it.

Do note that was GDF3 at max hp. Not at a "holy crap I have been maimed" 20 percent.