Lt. Commander
I am starting this thread because I have been disappointed with the lack or reviews and ratings I have gotten for my first foundry mission - Carnosaur Sanctum published on 8/25.

I suspect it is because I am relatively unknown, have not done any promotion, and am not part of a fleet or anything (since I just recently came back to discover the foundry). I have done a lot of modding/mission add-ons in my day for other games and am no stranger to making good game UGC, and this thing (although not as powerful as some modding tools) is a really great feature.

I see missions of lesser worth getting dozens to hundreds of reviews and ratings! While I have gotten 1 so far.

I have to wonder if it is worth the time and effort to create a good mission (or sequel) if no one plays or reviews it - I have other projects I could be doing.

When my next mission is completed, or possibly beforehand, I am considering making a youtube trailer for the two I will have. But please tell me, how do you people who have hundreds of reviews and ratings get them, and if there may be something fundamentally wrong that is keeping me from getting ratings?

Thanks!
-Gug
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
This is a really great question. Lots of missions dont get plays just because they arent at the top of the rankings list.

One of the easiest things to do is to post here on the forums or on one of the review threads, that will help you get a bit of notoriety. You can also create a forum sig that promotes the mission and put it on your sig. You can also go to sites like starbaseUGC that have ways in which you can promote your mission such as creating a wiki page or getting featured on their podcasts, etc.

You can also make youtube trailers but the trick there is to entice people to play the mission without giving everything in the mission away. Just make it easy for you to push the player from youtube to your mission somehow.

That's all I've got so far.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Spend some time giving feedback on other people's missions on this board. (I know, balancing time between creating and playing is tough!) Hopefully people will be kind enough to return the favour and give your mission enough plays to get it to a good position on the mission list in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylsy View Post
Spend some time giving feedback on other people's missions on this board. (I know, balancing time between creating and playing is tough!) Hopefully people will be kind enough to return the favour and give your mission enough plays to get it to a good position on the mission list in-game.
FYI Stylsy,

Podcast UGC will be reviewing two of your missions next week (the Vorman ones). I'll try to get a group together tonight to play Drone ships, since it needs some reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-03-2011, 11:02 AM
That's great of you guys to do, I really appreciate it and look forward to hearing your comments!