Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: August 2011
08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Hello everyone!

In a never before seen feat, Executive Producer Dan Stahl is delivering over 5,000 words in this month's Ask Cryptic! Be sure to grab your favorite beverage before sitting down to study this one.

Link to the article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
(And I just KNOW there will be editing errors, this one is HUGE!
Sorry in advance... >.>)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 07:16 PM
So... more PvP maps are "planned", just like they have been "in planning" for the past 18 months.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks to Dstahl for answering so many questions, however a bit dissapointed that the duty officer system has been postponed to end of october.

Me and my friends only resubscribed because we expected a lot of new content out this month or early september at the latest. Think we will take a little STO break now and wait for new content to arrive...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Really?? we r going to have to wait til OCTOBER for the next FE series??

its been like the beginning of March since we had the end of the last FE series
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Q: Captain_Samson Are there any plans to release more canon ship interiors (Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, Sovereign ext.)?

A: Yes. There is a new replica interior being released with the DS9 Feature Episode Series.

Q: alexisnomad Are there plans for dual torpedo launchers, like the ones the Defiant has in DS9?

A: While I donít know if the dual torps are coming yet, I can say that the Defiant is getting a major IP overhaul for the next feature episode series and that includes the proper rapid fire cannons you remember from the show.
Defiant interior?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
More of the same that we hear every time. Unfortunate.

I had a huge long list of all the ifs, buts and maybe's but I decided against posting. I think the vast majority of users here can see this for what it is. I won't elaborate on it.

I do have an addition though in the style of an "Ask Cryptic" answer:

Quote:
I will hopefully be discussing this negative attitude I have and I just wanted you all to know that resolving this issue is on my radar and will be decided upon soon. Probably in Season 5. Or 6. With dual cannons on.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Q: SporeLord Any word on how we might be able to earn the Odyssey class ship (Enterprise F) in-game?

A: Current plan is that it will be a mission reward for completing a TBA Fleet Action series.

Was that a typo and meant to say Feature Episode Series or did he really mean Fleet Action Series
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I am disappointed.
As a university student, i was looking forward to summer as a time to relax. Part of that relaxation for me was the promise of the Doff system and next FE hitting during the summer, but now, with the all the delays, those two items are scheduled to hit during crunch time at school, when i will have very little time to spend on leisure.
I understand that cryptic has been hectic lately with bug hunting season 4 and the transfer between atari and perfect world, but still i can't help feeling disappointed. Not angry just disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
This time around I don't feel very reassured or informed. The gist of the whole thing was "The check is in the mail"