Lt. Commander
# 11
09-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Oh yeah, another reason for resepcing is for Cruiser players during this Borg Invasion. Respecing to use the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit to be able to transwarp and fight effectively is something I am sure a lot (including myself) have done or want to do.
That sounds like a lame reason to me. These Borg Intercepts are a permanent addition to the game. They are not seasonal like a holiday event. Players will be able to play them throughout their character's careers. They do not all need to be done instantly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
That sounds like a lame reason to me. These Borg Intercepts are a permanent addition to the game. They are not seasonal like a holiday event. Players will be able to play them throughout their character's careers. They do not all need to be done instantly.
Where is it stated they are permanent? From what I remember (cannot find it) it was stated that they will last up until Season 5.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Where is it stated they are permanent? From what I remember (cannot find it) it was stated that they will last up until Season 5.
What Dan said was that they would be regular - spawning every 1-2 hours - until Season 5 and then would activate less often afterwards.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
What Dan said was that they would be regular - spawning every 1-2 hours - until Season 5 and then would activate less often afterwards.
I see, thanks for the information. By chance, do you recall where he posted or said this?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Not really. If my memory servers it was all part of the three-tier Borg implementation post he made some time back.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Not really. If my memory servers it was all part of the three-tier Borg implementation post he made some time back.
All-righty, thanks for a the point in the right direction. When I have time later, I'll try and track it down.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
And season 5 is due...when? 2012 sometime?
Might as well be permanent, heh...
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Just as an explanation, PvPers tend to Respec a LOT. They are always looking for that 0.008% advantage having X might give them over having Y. For most PvEers 1 or 2 Respecs is enough. I am not a PvPer so I get along fine with the current system.
heh...well...I guess...
Don't do as much PvPthese days, but for months after launch that's all I did.
Even my very first character still has 2 respecs left.
Guess I've always felt that tiny bit wasn't worth it.
I think they've given several free respecs since launch, each time there was a major update or change.
I know I've done a few, but not sure how many overall.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Didn't they just give us one with season 4?
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
Didn't they just give us one with season 4?
I guess that was where I got that one from shortly after returning. I only had one or two, bought two. Respecced to a new ship once, messed up twice respeccing to another ship. Second time I forgot to put anything in ground skills. Might be forgetting details, bad memory with numbers and amounts. Minor dyslexia, hence all the edits, so I make mistakes with numbers often.

Respecing is just too expensive, both in Merits and C-Store. Merit cost should be based upon how much you respec (as I posted up above earlier), not an outrageous flat-rate no matter what.

Mayhaps if renaming your ship and BOffs didn't cost Merits, this wouldn't have been such an issue with me.

Renaming ships and BOffs should be free. Parhaps only the registry number change should cost, a little. That is another topic, I suppose.