Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM
The Antimatter spread is very insteresting too.

Is there potential for 'spamming'? Absolutely. 5 Cruisers, can possibly chain for 40 secs, leaving the other team 1:20 to nuke someone. The downside? 5km range.
Great ideas on how to use them both, seeing as the soccerball will ping-pong between 2 close targets. 10km launch range.
right now, just after playing with them both for an hour on Tribble, viable uni-console selections, cruiser specific.

There will come a point where you will go, 'ok, am i using any normal consoles on this build or not?"
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Ah, P2W.....

Prediction for new Odyssey-class BOff/Console slots (extrapolation based on current releases):

BOffs:
  • Commander Engineer
  • Lt. Commander Engineer
  • Lt. Tactical
  • Ensign Tactical
  • Lt. Science
  • Ensign Science

Consoles:
  • Engineering: 4
  • Science: 3
  • Tactical: 3

Predicted C-Store variants:

BOffs:
  • Commander Engineer
  • Lt. Engineer
  • Ensign Engineer
  • Lt. Commander Science OR Lt. Commander Tactical
  • Lt. Tactical OR Science (off-spec from LtC)
  • Ensign Universal OR off-spec from LtC

Consoles:
  • Engineering: 4
  • Science: 3
  • Tactical: 3

...First 5.5 ship... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-03-2011, 02:23 AM
The Anti-Matter Spread console worries me definitely.

It looks like the typical combination for Cryptic. Almost irrelevant for PvE, highly problematic for PvP.
Unfortunately, I am not really enthusiastic on going to Tribble and testing it right now. Someone motivate me, please.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

It looks like the typical combination for Cryptic. Almost irrelevant for PvE, highly problematic for PvP.
Unfortunately, I am not really enthusiastic on going to Tribble and testing it right now. Someone motivate me, please.
Will 47 Quatloos do the trick?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This.

I tested it on tribble. No counter to the 'scramble' effect that either of us had available. Tried Science Team, Hazard Emitter, Engineering Team, Tactical Team, Miracle Worker and Engineering Fleet even an Aux to SIF
You lose sight of the AMS user for 8 secs, unaffected by max aux power and close range (going to be changed to be 6 secs and incresable with skill to 9 secs) and all other targets become friendly for the duration.
The scramble is not fragile (according to dev it will be made so after weekend (how fragile is uncertain a "signifigant ammount of damage" will break it)). Enemy mines while I was under the AMS effect were friendly and I couldn't shoot them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-03-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
This.

I tested it on tribble. No counter to the 'scramble' effect that either of us had available. Tried Science Team, Hazard Emitter, Engineering Team, Tactical Team, Miracle Worker and Engineering Fleet even an Aux to SIF
You lose sight of the AMS user for 8 secs, unaffected by max aux power and close range (going to be changed to be 6 secs and incresable with skill to 9 secs) and all other targets become friendly for the duration.
The scramble is not fragile (according to dev it will be made so after weekend (how fragile is uncertain a "signifigant ammount of damage" will break it)). Enemy mines while I was under the AMS effect were friendly and I couldn't shoot them.
Does it make you switch targets randomly like normal scramble? If so.... good God...
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Does it make you switch targets randomly like normal scramble? If so.... good God...
I didn't notice any jumping. All my heals went to me (though nothing cleared the effect).
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Well, that might not be so horrible then, but at the very least there should be some kind of counter still.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I agree.

I really can't fathom why sci team doesn't clear it. I clears all the other "sensor" debuffs. This behaves very much like a 5km AoE jam/confuse ability, so it should be treated the same in terms of what clears the debuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah I can't wait to run into a 5 man team effectively chaining them (fully buffed it lasts 9 seconds each) then pop the RI console, and scramble spam. Good luck killing anything