Lt. Commander
so if you had torp high yield 1 and torp high yield 2 on the _same_ tactical BO would they share the same cooldown?

and/or

if you had torp high yield 2 on one tactical BO and torp high yield 2 on _another_ BO would they share the same cooldown?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Yes I believe. You have to wait a few seconds before using an ability on the same type but I believe you can activate the 2nd one before the 1st recharges as not to be overpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
They don't actually share a cooldown...if you have HYT1 down to 40 seconds and hit it, your HYT2 won't go on a 40 second cooldown. Rather they share a system cooldown, which is 20 seconds. HYT relies on the Torpedoes system, so when you use HYT1 it places all other Torpedoes system abilities on a shared 20 second cooldown. You hit HYT1, wait 20 seconds, then you can hit HYT2 (assuming it has come off its own cooldown).

The system cooldown applies for all BO powers and captain abilities in the game. For example, Viral Matrix and Scramble Sensors both operate on the Sensor Probes system, so if I were to use Viral Matrix I'd have to wait at least 20 seconds before I could use Scramble Sensors. Similarly, Engineering Team relies on the Team system, so using it will lock out Science Team and Tactical Team for 20 seconds.

This system cooldown is concurrent with each ability's own cooldown, not consecutive. So if your Science Team still has 30 seconds left on its cooldown and you hit Engineering Team, your Science Team cooldown still stays at 30 seconds and you're essentially unaffected by the system cooldown. The system cooldown and the ability cooldown run concurrently.

EDIT: System cooldown is 20 seconds, not 15 seconds as I had first written. Dunno what the hell I was thinking, I even put in 20 seconds in all of my other system cooldown related posts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
They don't actually share a cooldown...if you have HYT1 down to 40 seconds and hit it, your HYT2 won't go on a 40 second cooldown. Rather they share a system cooldown, which is 15 seconds. HYT relies on the Torpedoes system, so when you use HYT1 it places all other Torpedoes system abilities on a shared 15 second cooldown. You hit HYT1, wait 15 seconds, then you can hit HYT2 (assuming it has come off its own cooldown).

The system cooldown applies for all BO powers and captain abilities in the game. For example, Viral Matrix and Scramble Sensors both operate on the Sensor Probes system, so if I were to use Viral Matrix I'd have to wait at least 15 seconds before I could use Scramble Sensors. Similarly, Engineering Team relies on the Team system, so using it will lock out Science Team and Tactical Team for 15 seconds.

This system cooldown is concurrent with each ability's own cooldown, not consecutive. So if your Science Team still has 30 seconds left on its cooldown and you hit Engineering Team, your Science Team cooldown still stays at 30 seconds and you're essentially unaffected by the system cooldown. The system cooldown and the ability cooldown run concurrently.
so there's an ability cooldown

and 3 team cooldowns that don't overlap? like science, engineering, and tactical.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greploco
so if you had torp high yield 1 and torp high yield 2 on the _same_ tactical BO would they share the same cooldown?

and/or

if you had torp high yield 2 on one tactical BO and torp high yield 2 on _another_ BO would they share the same cooldown?
Yes on both accounts. In case 1 if you used HY1, HY2 wouldn't be available for x amount of seconds after HY1 was activated, as there is a global CD between the two.

In case number two, both HY2 would be unusable until the standard CD was up.

For example, my Science BO has Jam Sensors 1 and 2. When I activate JS1, the Global for Jam Sensors prevents me from using JS2 for 30 seonds. JS1 has a 1 minute CD and JS2 has a 1 minute and 30 sec CD. The global is 30 seconds.

If I had another BO that had JS2 as well, then when I activated JS2 on 1 BO, the JS2 on the other BO would share the 1 minute 30 second CD instead of the 30 second GCD.

This doesn't just apply to the same skills either. This also applies to all skills that use the same ship systems. Mask Energy Signature and Jame Sensors both use the Sensor and Sensor Array system, therefore if I use ME, then JS is put on the 30 second GCD.

Hope that exlains it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
so there's an ability cooldown

and 3 team cooldowns that don't overlap? like science, engineering, and tactical.
Correct you are.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 02:32 AM
No, the 3 different team abilities DO have shared cooldowns. The shared cooldown for any abilities that use the same system is 20 seconds.

What he was saying is that if you have an ability that already has 30 seconds left on it's cooldown and you use another ability in the same system it doesn't stack (30+20=new 50 second cooldown) but instead just takes the larger number (30>20=cooldown stays at 30 seconds).

If on the other hand you had an ability with 10 seconds left on cooldown and used another ability from that system, it would go back up to the 20 second shared cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:

and/or

To clarify what others have already posted:

All space abilities have a recharge time. When you activate a specific ability, it cannot be used again until it has recharged.

In addition, all space abilities that share the same 'system' have a shared system cooldown. When you activate a specific ability, it triggers a cooldown for the appropriate system, during which no other abilities that use that system can be activated.

All the system's I've looked at so far seem to have a 20 second system cooldown (although I haven't checked them all yet, so some systems may have longer cooldowns).

So, if you have Torpedo: High Yield I and Torpedo: High Yield II, when you activate one of them you won't be able to use the other for 20 seconds. It doesn't matter whether the abilities belong to the same bridge officer or different ones.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Can anyone provide a list of all the BO skills that have the same cooldown? That way when making a toon, you can see what Bo ability is shared with which ever one?.. Kind of a quick reference guide.. Thanks in advance