Lt. Commander
# 11
09-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Having canon weapons would be a big help, I can't get over how odd it looks for toons to carry huge duke nukem guns.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-11-2011, 08:39 AM
i dont like any of the kits or armour. yeh in the future everyone runs around in shiny Lycra. brightly coloured so they are easy to spot. the armour is terrible!!!!!! you should be allowed to put different kit looks on your character and stuff. i wish they would change the armour as well though. What ever happened to letting you use off duty stuff for on duty. the merc outfit would actually be useful then!
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-13-2011, 08:13 AM
I still for the life of me cannot fathom how we went from this:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._and_Burke.jpg

to what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
JJ happened.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
JJ happened.

:p
As much as everyone wants to dump on him for the movie, how did that affect the way our armor is? He can't be the bogie man for EVERYTHING...
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royobannon View Post
As much as everyone wants to dump on him for the movie, how did that affect the way our armor is? He can't be the bogie man for EVERYTHING...
Oh yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious - although one could argue that his influence on the new visual style of Trek Rebooted could have also influenced the development of art assets in current Prime material - at least as far as STO is concerned.

Cryptic is attempting to lure in fans of JJtrek as well - as can be seen by the dreadful Junior Spock EMH, for example. And the art style of his movie does share certain similarities with designs in this game. The use of shiny material and redundant textures instead of dull simple cloth, for example. Whilst the movie did not feature armour designs or kits (although there were those orbital skydiving suits...), I would think they follow the same "artistic style", too.

Maybe that's just coincidence, but I am convinced this style (whatever its true origin is) was chosen to appeal to the same kind of customer because it would be considered "cool".

/tinfoilhat
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Oh yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious - although one could argue that his influence on the new visual style of Trek Rebooted could have also influenced the development of art assets in current Prime material - at least as far as STO is concerned.

Cryptic is attempting to lure in fans of JJtrek as well - as can be seen by the dreadful Junior Spock EMH, for example. And the art style of his movie does share certain similarities with designs in this game. The use of shiny material and redundant textures instead of dull simple cloth, for example. Whilst the movie did not feature armour designs or kits (although there were those orbital skydiving suits...), I would think they follow the same "artistic style", too.

Maybe that's just coincidence, but I am convinced this style (whatever its true origin is) was chosen to appeal to the same kind of customer because it would be considered "cool".

/tinfoilhat
Very interesting points you raise...

And on the whole, I still agree with your previous post; we need to get rid of some of this excess 'bling' infecting our universe. Holo-weapons, shiny combat-armor overlays, its all unrealistic, even for Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Yes, begone!
Stuff like that would get you killed in a real battle. since you are standing out with a big shot me here sign.
Plus it doesn't even makes the weapons cool or better looking, it just makes them clumsy and goofy.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-15-2011, 07:31 AM
their should be an option to change the style your kit looks, in the tailor for instance theirs an option to use another kit in your inventory, also an option to have your weapon holstered, would love to have my phaser gun attatched to my belt like in ALL the episodes, and it's about time Cryptic listened to what their customers want -.- instead of giving us with utter crap to try compensate for not giving us the things we want.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-15-2011, 08:26 AM
I think our pleas have been heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
[*]Moving Kit and Armor costume options off of the items and putting them in the tailor so they can be part of your outfit