Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
Bit disappointing. I bought the Dreadnaught Cruiser went to go customize it after being all giddy and excited like a kid again, only to see that the only exterior things you could change were the hull colors, windows and decal paint. I like to keep my ships "clean" like in the shows, so I do not use paint and use the 1st hull type. I was hoping I'd at least be able to choose the Majestic saucer or between other Galaxy type parts.

Does one of the C-Store costume packs contain Dreadnaught Cruiser parts? None of them say which ships their parts are for in the store. If not, are there plans to release parts to the Dreadnaught Cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2011, 02:00 PM
The Dreadnaught stays as is, cause it is a 'special' ship. Not customizable, srry
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Double post, grrrrr
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblaney001 View Post
The Dreadnaught stays as is, cause it is a 'special' ship. Not customizable, srry
Well that is disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2011, 03:55 PM
There are requests for making a Monarch-Class look-a-like Dreadnaught though.
Maybe we'll get it one day.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
There are requests for making a Monarch-Class look-a-like Dreadnaught though.
Maybe we'll get it one day.
Yeah. I see you also fly a Dreadnought. If you don't mind, are you an engineer and if so would you mind sharing your skill placement? Been looking around trying to find a skill build for a Dreadnought Engineer (VA1) to compare to what I have chosen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Yeah. I see you also fly a Dreadnought. If you don't mind, are you an engineer and if so would you mind sharing your skill placement? Been looking around trying to find a skill build for a Dreadnought Engineer (VA1) to compare to what I have chosen.
No i'm a Tac, I do have the same space skills you do though.
The question is just if my skilltree is good for engineering abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
No i'm a Tac, I do have the same space skills you do though.
The question is just if my skilltree is good for engineering abilities.
Ah well, thanks anyway. I do quite well in space. I rarely ever get any of my ships blown up, even in my Danube Runabout. In it, when I wander too close to enemies during the dailies and scouting for anomalies, I'm able to withstand a small beating and make it out to safety. (PvE, I very rarely PvP)

It seems I have been overlooking my ground skills although, as I often die in ground missions. I think a lot of it is me not being able to set actions and control my away team as fast as I should be able to. I'd like to see no limit to pause length when playing any ground mission solo. Maybe a short cool-down in between pauses instead, to constrain exploitation. I do understand the need for a timer on the pause when in a party however. I'm sure a good deal is still my skill placement. I did undo a lot of the min-maxing I did prior to my hiatus, to maximize my ship.

So, now I am mostly sticking to space while I keep looking for a good engineer dreadnaught build that has a good mix of space and ground. Also one that is well suited for mostly solo play. I'm confident my equipment (space anyway) is very well indeed, considering my ability to obtain such. Which improves as well over time as I complete or redo missions and browse the exchange. Someday, I'll probably just end up with my own template. Until any such times, I'll focus on ship-focused missions or, perhaps, work on an alt.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-11-2011, 02:15 PM
There where even some discussion, about giving Dreadnought captains the option to remove the third nacelle and replace it with something else, a quad nacelle configuration for example.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...dnought005.jpg
(something like that.)

But the naysayers strictly refused it.
(I am not even sure if all of them have a Dreadnought in the first place )

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd really like to be able to customize all ships.

I am not sure why people would disagree with having more options, especially when you can customize almost every other starship's parts. To think that just because the ship appeared one way in a Movie means that it cannot be "upgraded" or "specialized" is something I suppose I cannot understand. Especially since all the ships we have appeared in Movies or TV Shows as one design yet we're allowed to customize them further. To argue against the Dreadnought with this reasoning just doesn't seem credible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
There where even some discussion, about giving Dreadnought captains the option to remove the third nacelle and replace it with something else, a quad nacelle configuration for example.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...dnought005.jpg
(something like that.)

But the naysayers strictly refused it.
(I am not even sure if all of them have a Dreadnought in the first place )

Live long and prosper.
I really love that design of the quad nacells, Yreodred! I would definitely use that ship design. I would even consider purchasing it from the C-Store as a ship costume. (Marketing: Look at my CO/STO Points Purchasing history.)