Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I was told that the reason there are no loot drops in the Red Alerts is because "that is what STF's are for," by a developer. I won't name names unless they wish it, for I am not sure if I can do that.

I would just like to raise the issue that not everyone does or is able to do STFs. I for one, do not do them because my health does not allow for me to stay attentive for the time needed to do STFs, which are "Team" only.

I would like to see some focus placed back upon those of us who are not hard-core gamers and are not able to commit to long missions. I, personally, feel a bit shafted. I do not get to be able to aquire the borg set and now, I am told that there is no loot in RAs because, basically, I should be doing STFs for that.

I need to take breaks regularly, which is why I usually play Solo most of the time, so I can just stop, mid-mission, and take a break for as long as I need then resume.

These Red Alerts are great, for they usually never last for longer than 15 minutes. Perfect for me, save for the do not drop any loot besides the once-daily for each sector.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-04-2011, 12:48 AM
The upcoming re-vamped STF's will be designed in such a way that you can take regular breakes.

The Borg DSE's appear way too often. If you were to pick up loot from thoose, there would be no economy at all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The upcoming re-vamped STF's will be designed in such a way that you can take regular breakes.

The Borg DSE's appear way too often. If you were to pick up loot from thoose, there would be no economy at all.
You do raise a fair point. Parhaps only drop loot from the boss then? This would also work in favor to entice those players who leave the RAs when it is not the boss they want, to stay and fight for a chance for loot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Yea... a loot drop here and there wouldn be bad... I agree... The daily and the accolades makes it only slightly-worth it atm.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Red Alerts give 5 times the normal amount of exp for ship kills. They are also a very easy way to get emblems OR an item your level. So there are rewards, there just aren't any drops from killing stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2011, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Red Alerts give 5 times the normal amount of exp for ship kills. They are also a very easy way to get emblems OR an item your level. So there are rewards, there just aren't any drops from killing stuff.
The thing is, crafted gear is better than the gear gained by the marks, so not really a good incentive. All of the "level appropriate items" have been practically worthless. Guess I'll just save up the marks for the currency conversion.

Gaining XP is easy enough as it is without all these bonuses, so again, not really a good incentive. Especially so for level cap folks who do not need more BOff skill points.

/sigh
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2011, 02:55 AM
So in other words, nothing to gain if you're a capped toon. Guess I'll extend my shore leave, really wanna get outta space dock and do something worthwhile.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-04-2011, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
The thing is, crafted gear is better than the gear gained by the marks, so not really a good incentive. All of the "level appropriate items" have been practically worthless. Guess I'll just save up the marks for the currency conversion.

Gaining XP is easy enough as it is without all these bonuses, so again, not really a good incentive. Especially so for level cap folks who do not need more BOff skill points.

/sigh
The Borg invasions are more supposed to make lvling chars faster. Nothing more, nothing less. Personally i quite like them, they are kinda entertaining. There is no need that you get something if you do them. There are already enough other ways to get good equipment in the game. Basically nobody is forcing you to the encouters, so if you donīt like to do them cause you donīt get "worthy" items (from your point of view) just donīt press the red alert button if it apears.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post

its 15% not 500%
Lt. Commander
# 10 Farming
09-04-2011, 04:29 AM
It is clear this pervent Farming them. A OMG nice reward for doing 100% of the accolades would be nice but STO has never done anything like that,,,