Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harorrd
its 15% not 500%
That's not what it says when you accept the hail. It clearly says the Borg ships inside give 5 times the normal XP for destroying them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
That's not what it says when you accept the hail. It clearly says the Borg ships inside give 5 times the normal XP for destroying them.
Think he means the 15 minute xp boost u get in add if u accept the mission u get offered when u get into the encounter. So basically u get 5 times the xp + the add bonus u gain with the mission. At least i understand it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Let's give everyone all of the top-end stuff without making them work for it.

The reason top-level gear is given for the current STF's is because they are difficult.

The reason decent gear is given out for other missions, i.e. the "Breen Set" is because they take some time but are definitely easier to complete.

If you ask me, the AEGIS set is WAY too easy to acquire.

I actually think the DEV's have this one right. At least until they put it on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla-P
Let's give everyone all of the top-end stuff without making them work for it.

The reason top-level gear is given for the current STF's is because they are difficult.

The reason decent gear is given out for other missions, i.e. the "Breen Set" is because they take some time but are definitely easier to complete.

If you ask me, the AEGIS set is WAY too easy to acquire.

I actually think the DEV's have this one right. At least until they put it on the C-Store.
Please, don't give them any ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
So in other words, nothing to gain if you're a capped toon. Guess I'll extend my shore leave, really wanna get outta space dock and do something worthwhile.
This has been the trend of what season 4's been all about so far IMO. Geared toward the lower tiers, but with just enough incentive/benefits for capped players to keep us interested.
A lot of this is clearly part of the free to play conversion, ( to me anyway), to give new players at lower tiers another way to level, new Klingon players too.
That's why all the emphasis is on double skill points, with the fifteen minute boosts.
Capped players get the accolades and something new to do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
I was told that the reason there are no loot drops in the Red Alerts is because "that is what STF's are for," by a developer. I won't name names unless they wish it, for I am not sure if I can do that.

I would just like to raise the issue that not everyone does or is able to do STFs. I for one, do not do them because my health does not allow for me to stay attentive for the time needed to do STFs, which are "Team" only.

I would like to see some focus placed back upon those of us who are not hard-core gamers and are not able to commit to long missions. I, personally, feel a bit shafted. I do not get to be able to aquire the borg set and now, I am told that there is no loot in RAs because, basically, I should be doing STFs for that.

I need to take breaks regularly, which is why I usually play Solo most of the time, so I can just stop, mid-mission, and take a break for as long as I need then resume.

These Red Alerts are great, for they usually never last for longer than 15 minutes. Perfect for me, save for the do not drop any loot besides the once-daily for each sector.

Thank you for your time.

I'm sorry but you repeat that over and over.
1. The STF LOOT isnt worth the while, not even on VA. Its not really better then any loot from any mission on elite, beside the stuff the bosses drop, wich are purple but suck.
The Borg set is no loot its the Mission reward.

2. You repeat to say STFs are just for "Hardcore gamers" wich is... in lack of a better term that doesnt violate the forum-rules "not true".
And its a shame that they intend to make it so easy that my dog can beat them if I only put enough food on my keyboard.

3. About your "ianbility" to do them: I dont know why you cant be for an hour infront of your pc, I feel really sorry for you, but its an MMO and its supposed to have group content.
EVERY other MMO I played has MUCH more group content. And if 1 mission type as group content is to much for you you should consider if this is the right game for you in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Red Alerts give 5 times the normal amount of exp for ship kills. They are also a very easy way to get emblems OR an item your level. So there are rewards, there just aren't any drops from killing stuff.
Well about those rewards: I really dont get why I still get MKX stuff as VA (same for the Comunity autored missions)... It should be at least MK XI regulary.... so stick with emblems, with those you can at least BUY stuff that is worth the work...
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well about those rewards: I really dont get why I still get MKX stuff as VA (same for the Comunity autored missions)... It should be at least MK XI regulary.... so stick with emblems, with those you can at least BUY stuff that is worth the work...
You get Mk X items as rewards because most of the Borg Red Alerts are level 45 content; in other words, high Rear Admiral Lower Half. The highest tier loot for RA is Mk X.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
You get Mk X items as rewards because most of the Borg Red Alerts are level 45 content; in other words, high Rear Admiral Lower Half. The highest tier loot for RA is Mk X.
Well thats not conectet at all, as "RA" you dont get Emblems, as VA you get them, toned down to 45 or not.
Also, you get MKX for the Borg encounters on higher levels (in Orelius for example), too.