Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 transfer
09-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Can I transfer anything form my federation char to my Klingon char?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendoah
Can I transfer anything form my federation char to my Klingon char?
General and unbound items? Sure. Use the mail system, and simply mail them to your own @handle

...If the item is bound, however - for example, you remove the Aegis shield from your Sovereign and decide you want to send it to your newly promoted Klingon General, then you're out of luck. Bound items cannot be transferred between characters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes. You can transfer almost anything between factions except for faction specific items. For example, you can't send your Klingon a Vulcun BOFF. And you can't send you Federation Captain an Orion Slave Girl, er Female Orion BOff. You just need to use a Mail Console (located in all social hubs) to send and receive items via the mail system. And you can't send currency of any kind via the mail system.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
General and unbound items? Sure. Use the mail system, and simply mail them to your own @handle

...If the item is bound, however - for example, you remove the Aegis shield from your Sovereign and decide you want to send it to your newly promoted Klingon General, then you're out of luck. Bound items cannot be transferred between characters.
How do I transfer cash?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendoah
How do I transfer cash?
As Fuzun said - you cannot, and this is by design, as Cryptic don't want people to hoard huge amounts of credits on a single character as it has a way of destablizing the game's economy, and gives way to ludicrous prices on the exchange. (Not to mention the gold farming implications)

The only way to transfer EC from one character to another is to get a go-between (a friend, or person you trust) and give them the money in a trade, before logging off, and meeting them again to get the money back with your other character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendoah
How do I transfer cash?
You can have your poor toon post an item on the exchange, and have your other toon loaded with cash buy it. So trasnfer EC's that way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzak
You can have your poor toon post an item on the exchange, and have your other toon loaded with cash buy it. So trasnfer EC's that way.
This of course, does have the risk of someone sniping it in short order. Things posted at 'reasonable' prices on the exchange have a way of being found VERY quickly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
This of course, does have the risk of someone sniping it in short order. Things posted at 'reasonable' prices on the exchange have a way of being found VERY quickly.
thats why you sell a small hypo for 1234567 credits. So you can find your hypo quick.

+ if you do see that posted go ahead and buy it. I won't mind, and I won't have to trasnfer the EC's anymore.

C'mon it's not that hard is it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
This of course, does have the risk of someone sniping it in short order. Things posted at 'reasonable' prices on the exchange have a way of being found VERY quickly.
You have the poor character put an insane price on a worthless item at the Exchange: 1 million EC for a common MK I weapon. Then have the rich character buy the item. If someone else buys it more power to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You have the poor character put an insane price on a worthless item at the Exchange: 1 million EC for a common MK I weapon. Then have the rich character buy the item. If someone else buys it more power to you.
...Ok, so I got shot down with my inability to be an enterprising extortionist.

I take your point.

^ Do what he said!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.