Lt. Commander
# 1 life time sub sale
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi all,
This is the first mmo i have played, and was wondering if it might be a good time to get a life time sub?
Also do you think they will put life subs on sall before f2p?

Been playing since beta.

Thanks all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
If you think you'll stick around with the game for the long haul and you have the cash to spend now would be the time to get a life time sub. When the game goes F2P odds are you'll get a set amount of points per month that can be spent on content in the C Store and you'll get the same content and features of subscribed members vs free players. However, don't expect the life subs to go on sale before F2P, if anything I'd expect them to cancel them all together as life time subs could be a potential loss of revenue for them since you get all the perks of subscribing and free points meaning you may be less likely to buy additional points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcars View Post
IHowever, don't expect the life subs to go on sale before F2P, if anything I'd expect them to cancel them all together as life time subs could be a potential loss of revenue for them since you get all the perks of subscribing and free points meaning you may be less likely to buy additional points.
champions lifetime sub is still on offer, so i would think they will still be around.

again OP if you like the game, think you will be around for ages and have the cash then sure now is as good a time as any. if you think you will be ok on a silver account then wait for it to go f2p and try it out. even if they do withdraw the lifetime sub i dont think it will disappear overnight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
champions lifetime sub is still on offer, so i would think they will still be around.

again OP if you like the game, think you will be around for ages and have the cash then sure now is as good a time as any. if you think you will be ok on a silver account then wait for it to go f2p and try it out. even if they do withdraw the lifetime sub i dont think it will disappear overnight.
i sure hope so i want to get a life time sub but its several months away before i can afford it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-04-2011, 03:58 PM
im already a Lifer. I'd quit if they canceled that. Like the same day. I'd miss the game but not enough to stay after something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2011, 04:09 PM
To Cryptic.

Put on a lifetime sub sale and I will buy it, for a certainty.

hint, hint