Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Regretably that is the case. Fortunately with the F2P model I can play what I have left of KDF levels and punish them with not giving them my money.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow never read it before, puts things in perspective.-Although to be honest Ive been getting more and more put out over time.

I know its tough running a business-cuz I run one (not nearly as big as Cryptic) but I do have some ideas about how it works. The one thing I hate more than anything...at all is getting our products out late. I hate it I hate it, there is no reason for it. For me the Health of our business is doing things on time, even if u dont want to-even if someone orders something more expensive a little later-You ready and ship things the order inwhich they are recieved. This is only fair.

I love the game, cuz life sux and my lifetime sub was a gift from my boyfriend to help me relax from all of lifes suckiness. But it bothers me to see so many broken promises and the ones that are upheld are half hearted. If I didnt have the life sub I would have quit and wiped it from my comp by now-after all I could be using my bowflex instead of playing STO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Signature updated. Kinda sad, reading through it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCat
Wow never read it before, puts things in perspective.-Although to be honest Ive been getting more and more put out over time.

I know its tough running a business-cuz I run one (not nearly as big as Cryptic) but I do have some ideas about how it works. The one thing I hate more than anything...at all is getting our products out late. I hate it I hate it, there is no reason for it. For me the Health of our business is doing things on time, even if u dont want to-even if someone orders something more expensive a little later-You ready and ship things the order inwhich they are recieved. This is only fair.

I love the game, cuz life sux and my lifetime sub was a gift from my boyfriend to help me relax from all of lifes suckiness. But it bothers me to see so many broken promises and the ones that are upheld are half hearted. If I didnt have the life sub I would have quit and wiped it from my comp by now-after all I could be using my bowflex instead of playing STO.
You are not alone. many feel that way
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
Signature updated. Kinda sad, reading through it.
Cool, and yeah, it is sad to realize just how things have been done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm leveling my second Klingon toon now.

I have 5 VA's, and 1 LG. None of the VA's leveled by PvP.

The One LG? Leveled mostly during the last Q-Weekend. The Breen... they hate me.

What I find sad is the fact that the missions and patrols we have on the Klingon side I find to be better than the Federation-equivalent mission, we just don't have enough of them.

I am guessing they explain this by saying the Klingon side is only 12% of the size of the Federation, not realizing that 12% content = 12% interest and 12% player-base.

That being said, you guys are a frightening 12%. Running STF's on this side I found far, far more competency and coordination than the Fed side. When they actually get the idea and balance out the sides a bit more, that will change, but those of you who tackled this beast from day one should stand proud knowing you tamed a beast most of us gave up on.

For my take on this, being with STO almost from the beginning, I'm glad they popped the Klingon cap to 25. The first two tiers are boring, no matter what fluff they put in there. Give me a good endgame and I'll be happy.

Now, if they would just put some conquerable territory, PvE-PvP Resource Missions... you know, a reason for PvP, I would be a happy camper.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree with the above that the KDF missions are more interesting that several of the Fed ones. At least all the combat actually FITS the KDF. All those hunt and destroy missions the feds have are so out of place.

Reading the timeline, I can actually remember most of those quotes and several of the happenings. Its really sad is what it is.

I'd say it makes me upset, but it really isn't going to do any good. Were just supposed to get out of the car or shut up and watch the dvd in the back seat I guess. >.>
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I agree with the above that the KDF missions are more interesting that several of the Fed ones. At least all the combat actually FITS the KDF. All those hunt and destroy missions the feds have are so out of place.

Reading the timeline, I can actually remember most of those quotes and several of the happenings. Its really sad is what it is.

I'd say it makes me upset, but it really isn't going to do any good. Were just supposed to get out of the car or shut up and watch the dvd in the back seat I guess. >.>
Yup...sad but true
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
It is rather sad. I have quite a few Klingons (which I can't access due to Season 4 causing system crashes for any of my toons in a fleet) and it's so unfortunate that they've always gotten the shaft in favor of the Feds. Obviously a business decision, as Cryptic would want to do anything to retain the majority of it's player base for financial reasons, but wow...what if they had done it right. Imagine if they had gotten more positive feedback from Klingon players, plus more options for the playerbase to access another full faction from the start...

...how much more money would Cryptic have made? How many more "offline" posters would still be here?

Lt. Commander
# 20
09-12-2011, 08:27 PM
As someone new to the Klingon faction, I found the old list by PF earlier today. May I ask a few questions?

1-3) What happened to PF? Why was he banned? Was it permanent?

4) I am finally rolling a KDF, an Orion Science Captain. When does the game actually pick up? Right now I'm stuck doing explorations or Foundry missions while waiting the 30-45 minutes for a PvP match, and those give small rewards considering that most of the time I and my teammates are out-gunned...