Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royobannon View Post
As someone new to the Klingon faction, I found the old list by PF earlier today. May I ask a few questions?

1-3) What happened to PF? Why was he banned? Was it permanent?

4) I am finally rolling a KDF, an Orion Science Captain. When does the game actually pick up? Right now I'm stuck doing explorations or Foundry missions while waiting the 30-45 minutes for a PvP match, and those give small rewards considering that most of the time I and my teammates are out-gunned...
1-2) We're not allowed to discuss moderation on the forums but you can look at PF's post history and judge for yourself.
3) It's been this way for weeks now and non-permanent bans span only a week as I recall so permanent.
4) I've lost overview when Cryptic "releveled" the FE missions so it's now an even greater grind at low level than before but as I recall (could be totally wrong) the first FE gets available around level 18.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
As someone new to the Klingon faction, I found the old list by PF earlier today. May I ask a few questions?

1-3) What happened to PF? Why was he banned? Was it permanent?
Discussion of moderation on these forums will result in more moderation. Too bad money and sex don't work that way.

Quote:
4) I am finally rolling a KDF, an Orion Science Captain. When does the game actually pick up? Right now I'm stuck doing explorations or Foundry missions while waiting the 30-45 minutes for a PvP match, and those give small rewards considering that most of the time I and my teammates are out-gunned...
PvE is pretty sporadic throughout. I found the mid-levels to be the worst for grinding, but you may feel differently. I can't really speak to PvP since I don't play it, but I've heard it's mostly concentrated at the higher levels.

And welcome to the Empire.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Discussion of moderation on these forums will result in more moderation. Too bad money and sex don't work that way.
Yeah, after getting a few mailers and now seeing the posts about this, I think I'm going to leave PF and his situation well enough alone from here on. I will only say that I wish he was still around, and that I hope he keeps up the good work through other mediums. Also thanks to McCoy for keeping us informed on the STOWiki page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
PvE is pretty sporadic throughout. I found the mid-levels to be the worst for grinding, but you may feel differently. I can't really speak to PvP since I don't play it, but I've heard it's mostly concentrated at the higher levels.

And welcome to the Empire.
Thank you, I definitely have garnered a distinct, if not yet complete, understanding about what you guys have been going through. I think that though I will have aplenty of time to waste on my Orion, this amounts to me essentially just gathering resources in the nebulae whilst doing Exploration missions for the XP. I'm seriously considering just doing that and Foundry until I can start doing FE's.

As bleak as it is, I think I am most looking forward to what one of the other guys was saying (possibly in another thread I saw on here) about how the Klingon faction has the more educated and coordinated player base. I HATE PuG's on the Fed side, and even when I temporarily join up with a fleet outside my own to get a mission done, there is no teamwork. I think that might be different here.

Plus the ships are cooler.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Glad PFs Updated history was able to help you
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Strangely enough, first and formost I am an Andorian fan-girl, but I have been enjoying my Orion captain alot more... perhaps because the incessant combat fits the kdf in this game better than it does the feds. At least I feel like a pirate... as a fed, 9 out of 10 times I feel like I am in the Mirror Universe.

Royobannon: Your avatar is hot! <3
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Strangely enough, first and formost I am an Andorian fan-girl, but I have been enjoying my Orion captain alot more... perhaps because the incessant combat fits the kdf in this game better than it does the feds. At least I feel like a pirate... as a fed, 9 out of 10 times I feel like I am in the Mirror Universe.

I like my orion as well, but still greatly enjoy the Klingon race toons I haveas much...if not more.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
Yup, Our Old buddy P_Falcon has updated his epic chronicle....clearly the best timline of KFD development in STO.

Also, please link to the wiki link for this article...not this thread since it may not last.

Read it below...

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Thanks for the link .
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
As is yours! Is that an Andorian CosPlayer? If so she is really well done!

Mine is just Jolene Blalock as Mirror T'Pol. She ranks up there as one of the hottest actresses out there (with Olivia Wilde, if you were curious) in my opinion, and I really loved T'Pol in Enterprise. She was one of the main reasons I stuck with the series the whole way through.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Gigitty goo
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-20-2011, 05:12 AM
but but She's not Green. I like green.