Lt. Commander
# 101
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
What will happen to gametime cards?
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-07-2011, 01:53 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-07-2011, 01:55 AM
LtEliz, stop spreading that lie (and spamming several threads with it).

Lifers don't loose anything. They will keep all their bonuses. It's just that others might get access to them as well.
Lt. Commander
# 104
09-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post

Lifers don't loose anything. They will keep all their bonuses. It's just that others might get access to them as well.
its not a lie please learn the meaning of the word before you use it.

and 2nd untill they deny or confirm its the truth or at least lingo balance.
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-07-2011, 02:05 AM
You are saying that lifers will "loose" the liberated borg. And then you are even claiming that lifers will "loose" all their perks.

In all likelihood this is not the case. The devs have actually stated that any unlocked bonus will be kept by players after F2P goes live. You won't loose ANY of the benefits you have right now.

All you might loose is exclusivity (as in: non-lifers might get a change to get the liberated borg).

That is not the same. Your statement is worded in a way that is misleading and (at least) twisting the truth. To me that's close enough to a lie.
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
You are saying that lifers will "loose" the liberated borg. And then you are even claiming that lifers will "loose" all their perks.

In all likelihood this is not the case. The devs have actually stated that any unlocked bonus will be kept by players after F2P goes live. You won't loose ANY of the benefits you have right now.

All you might loose is exclusivity (as in: non-lifers might get a change to get the liberated borg).

That is not the same. Your statement is worded in a way that is misleading and (at least) twisting the truth. To me that's close enough to a lie.
"ut most likely we will lose the exclusive liberated borg perk since it will most likely untill they show us officially we will keep the exclusive liberated borg captain race as their thanks for our support with buying life time.
we will lose some of the benefits of life memberships.
and all benefits will end up on c store or on Duty officer system as it looks right now ( combadge liberated borg race)."

read again ?
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:

Lifers may not lose anything but what concerns me is that they don't gain anything subtantial either. At present there is nothing to demonstrate their value or reward their loyalty for spending such a premium for this game, which has ultimately helped lead it to this financially beneficial point for Cryptic.

It's like thank you and bye bye. You've served your purpose. Its all about Silver members now.

Hell, I'm a subscriber (hereafter Gold member) who always considered going 'Life' and what concerns me is that it appears that there is a diminishing (it should be increasing) amount of incentives to go life.

Moreover, I don't really think there is enough to keep me a Gold member, from dropping down to Silver.

If we take the Champions Online Model, which this is based on, at least in that game Gold members have full access to all the character archetypes and can cutomise character archetypes and the adventure packs (those are like premium missions) while the Comic series are free for all players to play.

Adverture packs, some character types and bank slots are all purchasable through the CO C-store for Silver members but free to subscribers.

If Star Trek truly mirrored tht format - and it works irrespective of whether you like the game or not - then th following would likely happen:
Quote:

What I propose:

Character

Silver Members have access to a limited number of character species: Human, Vulcan, Tellarite, Rigelian and Pakled. And limited access to costume pieces

All other character species are purchasable through the C-store. Fully customisable aliens are only available to Gold members and Life time subscribers.

Gold Members have full access to all available character species and can make customisable aliens. They also have an increased selection of costumes but some (premium) costume pieces still need to be purchased via the C-store

Lifetime Subscribers Have all the same options available to them but all have the exclusive choice of Liberated Bord, Romulan, Reman and Cardassian character species (these are at least already in the game).

Ships

Follow so the same principle as the player character species:

Silver Members have limited access to those already in game.

Gold and Lifetime members have full access to all ship skins so this would include Nomad, Minbus, Comet, Maelstrom, Herphaestus and Imperial. (Yes some of us have paid for them but we need to take a hit somewhere for this to work).

Lower rank ship varients like the Oberth, NX and Rhode Island are available through the C-store. When you make Rear Admiral a Tier 5 refit is offered in game to all players but additional Tier 5 ships (Galaxy X, refits etc) would be purchased via the C-store or via an in-game option.

Missions

All ingame missions are available to players.

Weekly episodes are free for all players.

Adverture packs (or whatever STO will call them hopefully Movie related like 'Feature missions') are free to Gold and Lifetime subscribers. Silver members will have to pay.

Bank Slots, costume slots, energy credits and stipends

I agree with what Cryptic has already proposed when you consider the above.

Lastly I know this is largely Fed centric but I'm not a Klingon player.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-07-2011, 04:26 AM
About Energy Credit Storage Limit. What is the limit ? We will lost in coversion, if our subscription going to silver ?

----------------------------------- Gold ------------- Silver
Energy Credit Storage Limit Unlimited Limited

The same question goes to inventory and bank slots. If full, what is going to happen ?
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-07-2011, 05:52 AM
I will admit it will suck alot if we dont get to keep the borg so only life-time subs get it. It makes me think that they want to screw us over royaly...

its like they are saying "haha thanks for the money, and oh yeah we dont care about you life-timers anymore, everyone can get what you got"

and if you do subscribe they you get 400 points..... so what the hell is the reason for us life-timers, what do we get special now?
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-07-2011, 06:19 AM
For what we see on the matrix it seams that for subers it would be just as good as going F2P, and if so isn't that just an insult to the subers and lifers?