Lt. Commander
# 111
09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
I have 5 character slots if I go to f2p model, would I get to keep them or would I only get to use two?
Lt. Commander
# 112
09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
If someone had previously had a membership, then left due to lack of Klingon content, but wanted to return after the F2P goes live, do they still retain their old character? Or are they forced to start over and suffer thru 25 lvls instead of 6 lvls of Federation play first?
Lt. Commander
# 113
09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
For what we see on the matrix it seams that for subers it would be just as good as going F2P, and if so isn't that just an insult to the subers and lifers?
When the game goes F2P I will be going silver. Why would I subscribe? To build foundry missions and get vet rewards!? COME ON GUYS! You can work around the other limitations easy and CHEAP. Why pay $15 a month? You would have to be a moron to continue subscribing. I can see foundry authors paying but that's it. It's a total Insult to lifers and subscribes for sure! Change the matrix or loss my money. I'm sure that subscriptions will drop off a cliff if this is not changed when F2P launches. Well, I will be saving money anyway lol.
Lt. Commander
# 114
09-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Might as well ask here:

Currently I have 5 character slots total. Two basic ones, one unlocked for the Klingon, and two more purchased from the C-Store. But as for characters, I've got only four - three Feds and a Klingon. I've been saving the last slot for a new character once DOFFs and perhaps the new tutorial are up.

But once STO goes F2P and I'm not subscribed, theoretically I should have one slot less than Gold Members. But how will this work, exactly? Will I suddenly lose my fifth slot, even though it should be considered a C-Store purchase? Should I create my new character right now, so that I can convert him into Silver later, or will I be able to leave my current 4 chars locked at Gold, and still be able to create one Silver char regardless?
Lt. Commander
# 115
09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavek View Post
Might as well ask here:

Currently I have 5 character slots total. Two basic ones, one unlocked for the Klingon, and two more purchased from the C-Store. But as for characters, I've got only four - three Feds and a Klingon. I've been saving the last slot for a new character once DOFFs and perhaps the new tutorial are up.

But once STO goes F2P and I'm not subscribed, theoretically I should have one slot less than Gold Members. But how will this work, exactly? Will I suddenly lose my fifth slot, even though it should be considered a C-Store purchase? Should I create my new character right now, so that I can convert him into Silver later, or will I be able to leave my current 4 chars locked at Gold, and still be able to create one Silver char regardless?
Based on the wording of the FAQ, I would say that any of your current characters over the allotted two slots given to silvers should still be usable since you purchased/unlocked additional slots to convert them. Also based on the FAQ, if you purchased slots, you would keep them, and if you earned the veterens slot you would keep that since you already "unlocked" it. So you have 5 characters. You get two with a silver account, say you bought one and got one through veteran unlock. That gives you 4 total. But because you came on board before F2P, As for your current "fifth" slot, I'm guessing since you already have the slot from buying the game originally, then in theory that slot I would consider "unlocked" and could use your fifth character. I'm guessing new subscribers signing up after F2P goes live will get the limit on the slots, regardless of purchased game. Since Cryptic says they don't delete anything, as long as you keep your same login(and this applies to the guy who asked about a klingon he hadn't played with for while a couple posts ago) you should access all your characters again. You just need the slots to use them. As for any characters on Tribble or Foundry, my guess is they are considered "unlocked", but would be returned to you since silver can't make Foundry missions(no mention about Tribble yet). I'm basing this on the FAQ. But maybe I'm reading into it too much and in reality if you have 5 characters your screwed
Lt. Commander
# 116
09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
@BSG62
Thanks for the reply. I sincerely hope everything will be left as it is now, and I won't lose anything in the transition. But still, these are all speculations.

The way it is now, I've got 3 basic slots and two purchased from the C-Store. I'm still before getting the 300 day Veteran Reward, which includes a slot.

So, hypothetically, if I had all 5 slots filled, there might be a possibility that I would be able only to use 4 characters as Silver, with one unavailable unless resubscribed or purchased additional slots.

But if my subscription ends with 4 characters and 1 empty slot, and I decide to go back to the game as a Silver, would this fifth slot disappear somehow? That's what I'd like to have commented on, because I'm not sure if I should create a new character right now, for further conversion, or I can wait and create it later, even once the game is F2P and I'm not subscribed.

I'm curious because I plan to leave my current characters at Gold, and play as a Silver in the meanwhile, when I don't want to/don't have time to resubscribe for a full month. And I'd like to start a new character once new tutorial and doffs are up.
Lt. Commander
# 117
09-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Will they be adding more servers, and if so, can one server be "subscribers only" haha.

It seems like a stupid question, but seriously, my main horror is the new "clientele" that F2P always brings in.

Hell, I would gladly pay EXTRA than my $15 to not have to play with the free players.

Please. I am so sad this is happening, but this would make me happy
Lt. Commander
# 118
09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
There seems to be a lot of confusion and jumping to conclusions going on in regards to the perks that were given to Lifetime subscribers. Can we please get a clarification about how these will be handled so that the maybe we can cut back on the forum wars.

Will the perks that lifetime subs currently have be made available through any means to non-lifetime subs?

This includes the badge and the liberated Borg race.
Lt. Commander
# 119
09-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikor View Post
There seems to be a lot of confusion and jumping to conclusions going on in regards to the perks that were given to Lifetime subscribers. Can we please get a clarification about how these will be handled so that the maybe we can cut back on the forum wars.

Will the perks that lifetime subs currently have be made available through any means to non-lifetime subs?

This includes the badge and the liberated Borg race.
you're asking if the lifetime badge will be made available to non-lifers?
Lt. Commander
# 120
09-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-42 View Post
you're asking if the lifetime badge will be made available to non-lifers?
There are a lot of people suggesting that the badge and the liberated Borg and other lifetime perks are going to be given away by "alternate means." so in order to hopefully calm some of those people down I'm asking for a clarification on the them.

And yes, I understand how silly the question sounds but apparently there are a lot people concerned about it.