Lt. Commander
# 161
09-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckler
Does FTP mean less new content? Less income = less work = less new content right?
Not necessarily. They are counting on many more people signing up who normally wouldn't play, and them buying oodles of things in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 162
09-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
If you've got questions and are looking for some clarifications concerning Star Trek Online's transition to a free-to-play model, this is the place to ask them.

Where's the place they get answered?
Lt. Commander
# 163
09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
One thing I would really love to see is getting rid of the RALH/UH business and having levels 41-50 all be one Rank called Commodore.
Lt. Commander
# 164
09-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
One thing I would really love to see is getting rid of the RALH/UH business and having levels 41-50 all be one Rank called Commodore.

Nah, Commodore would be 64-128!
Lt. Commander
# 165
09-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Hi! I am new to this game, i started playing 3 days ago. I purchased the game(got 400 CP), monthly subscribed but once all this F2P goes live is much better(cheaper) to just buy CP (1000 CP is around 12$) and monthly stipend will be 400 CP (SUB price is around 15$.) What am i missing?

I don't care about mail, or inventory slots, don't care about character slot (can always buy them in C-Store).
I am not against F2P , just wondering if it's more worth it that way?

P.S. I am not English native speaker, sorry for errors in above text.
Lt. Commander
# 166
09-18-2011, 03:35 AM
I dont think you are missing anything in that assumption. Free to play is designed to make it so you can play fairly casually for a very small amount of outlay to give you what you want, so for 1000CP per month you could be quite happy. It is only if you are a hardcore player where things can start to become pretty expensive and subscriptions of one form or another seem attractive.
Lt. Commander
# 167
09-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire View Post
(09-06-2011, 11:54 AM)
If you've got questions and are looking for some clarifications concerning Star Trek Online's transition to a free-to-play model, this is the place to ask them.
I've a Question.....
  1. When will some Answers start Arriving?
Ya know the
Yellow Title kind
Lt. Commander
After reading through the Matrix for F2P, I do not see a Real Serious reason for the Average Player to think about Investing $300 for the Purpose of Going Gold. I do not know what other options might be available for Game Changing Items or Content, But, IMHO, there should be a Clear Cut Division between Gold and Silver Players that would MAKE Silver Players Really WANT to GO GOLD!

The Matrix, as it now reads is not that tipping point that I would like to see. What Item, or Items in that Matrix that are Gold Only, would make ME want to Invest in the game?? The 400 Monthly C-Store points is a step in the right direction....
Lt. Commander
# 169
09-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I'd like to chime in and agree with many other players. I don't think there's enough incentive for players to join Gold Membership. $5 worth of CP for a $15 sub? Foundry access? Some very minor storage improvements?

... So my question: How set in stone is the F2P Gold/Silver Matrix? Is there consideration to nerf Silver or buff Gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'd just be happy if they just went back to "Rear Admiral" for 41-50 and ixnay the lower/upper non-sense. Commodore would be nice, but STO veto'd that long ago and it's one of those things that they've dug there heels in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

Nah, Commodore would be 64-128!
Heh. Nice pull.
Lt. Commander
# 170
09-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckler
Does FTP mean less new content? Less income = less work = less new content right?
F2P usually means a much bigger income, just look at Champions Online or LoTR, which tripled their profit when they made the switch. Free to play means more players interested in trying the game and more players willing to throw down the cash for unique ship skins, extra character slots and so forth.

Frankly, it's really an option that should have existed from the start and most likely only didn't so they could get as much money from subs as possible first.