Lt. Commander
# 201
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Jade View Post
A) Still able to get a lifetime subscription after the transition to F2P?
Based on the Dev comments about how Liberated Borg can only be gotten via other means - and then clarified to mean via LTS - yes, it should still be available after FTP goes live.

Quote:
B) If so would I get all the same bonuses that one had prior to F2P? As in the borg captain specifically.
As per the above, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 202
10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Based on the Dev comments about how Liberated Borg can only be gotten via other means - and then clarified to mean via LTS - yes, it should still be available after FTP goes live.

As per the above, yes.
It's been a wise policy to not trust anything Cryptic says lately. They either go back on their word or introduce some pretty shockingly horrible and tasteless ideas. So far, that philosophy has paid off in spades. But boy, I wish I was wrong instead!
Lt. Commander
# 203
10-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I have a great question why is Cryptic trying to @&$? us over? They make all these changes that someone has to be a complete moron to come up with it and then still expect us to play the game. If you want to keep us leave the game alone and just add more content. Dilitheum is a great move, but don't make people have to purchase a low level ship.
Lt. Commander
# 204 F2P crafting with particles
10-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Does anybody know if when F2P comes online and dilithium is going to become the universal currency (except for energy credits) will crafting using datasamples/ particles remain the same?

Or will those be lost/replaced with dilithium. I've gotta ton of the stuff and need to know if I've gotta use them now like a fool on fire, or wait and use them as and when I need to.
Lt. Commander
maybe i see it wrong, but still, i believe that golden members should, for free or for a discount, at VA get their retrofit T5 ship! at last, we pay for the month!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 206
10-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valantis View Post
maybe i see it wrong, but still, i believe that golden members should, for free or for a discount, at VA get their retrofit T5 ship! at last, we pay for the month!!!!!
That hasn't stopped them from violating their so-called "ethics" in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 207
10-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyace View Post
I have a great question why is Cryptic trying to @&$? us over? They make all these changes that someone has to be a complete moron to come up with it and then still expect us to play the game. If you want to keep us leave the game alone and just add more content. Dilitheum is a great move, but don't make people have to purchase a low level ship.
While i applaud your effort to justify how you feel and how you expect them think about it, it's a pointless exercise. I just wondered why it took you all this long to realize what i already knew months before PW even took over. As far as Dilithium is concerned (BTW the crystal is BLUE not PINK, change the icon), There was an answer on the FAQ that stated that you can get dilithium by other means within the game, and with this "i want it all, now!" mentallity that seems to be a constant on STO, perhaps you should step back and actually enjoy the game, there are soo many missions on the FED side and by the time you reach LT. Commander, you have picked up about 10 missions or more which gives each player the chance to find dilithium and as well as enjoying the game, give it a chance and if it don't work out wait for TOR to come out or ACR or BF3 or whatever and jump ship.

So now i have returned to the game for just a month and to see how everything is progressing, i must admit that some comments in this section have given some pause into what may go on, and the operative word here is 'may'. I read the FAQ and all that jazz and it brings forward several points that can not be answered until F2P is actually out for more then a month... with that said i am now going to play the F2P part of the game and see if any questions come up that needs answers.

On the same issue, different point, i was disappointed the KDF faction has gone backwards, but not at all surprised by this.
Lt. Commander
# 208
10-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Can't wait for F2P to come online. I will be able to play with my son side by side.
Lt. Commander
I tried drilling through these forums with no success so I'll just ask, what is going to happen to the characters/resources/etc... on the Tribble Server. Will we just lose all this stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 210
10-13-2011, 06:33 AM
I tried Tribble F2P and it keeps crashing, from what i see, some things have change, but its rather cosmetic.