Lt. Commander
# 211
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Subscriptions
ACTIVE
Subscribed For: 627.74 days

I was very happy to hear an game was developed around my favorite movies, games and series.
Every piece off info i could find was read extensively.

I started playing at beta, then the official game came out and me and two friends bought lifetime membership immidiatly.

And we liked the game and played it a lot, personnaly i started the game 3 times over just for fun.

But eventually the game got boring, i recently started too play the klingon side off things too at least get some time back for my 250 euro + i spend so far into the game.

And now i read about F2P, and the small amount off chages between a full paying member and an non paying player.

And too be honest i was shocked, dissappointed and it felt like a slap in the face.
Why the hell did i pay so much for a game that turns F2P.

I really hope they will start too make the game more fun again.
At least giving us paying costumers something worth our money.
Lt. Commander
# 212
10-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captin tom whitworth
Right basically i need to know as sto is becoming free to play now Can i cancel my Lifetime membership And get a refund or will crypic only allow me to cancel my sub and not give me a refund? I need help here urgently,

Thankyou

tom
Hey if you don't want your lifetime sub anymore ill be happy to take it off your hands in trade for some c-store points. Make me an offer
Lt. Commander
# 213
10-15-2011, 08:00 AM
when is the F2P version going to be released
Lt. Commander
# 214
10-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Better question: Will there be an open beta for us freeloaders/ex-subscribers too (so we can grab some rewards too/test with our main char) or there will be only this closed beta for current subscribers.

Off question: only active subscribers can post on the forums? if not, then what could be wrong with my main acc?
Lt. Commander
# 215
10-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPhantom View Post

And now i read about F2P, and the small amount off chages between a full paying member and an non paying player.

And too be honest i was shocked, dissappointed and it felt like a slap in the face.
Why the hell did i pay so much for a game that turns F2P.

I really hope they will start too make the game more fun again.
At least giving us paying costumers something worth our money.
You payed for the game because at the time it was subscription only and frankly, you probably got your moneys worth. Now you will presumably get $5 worth of cryptic points per month.

I do honestly think that Cryptic should have taken down the lifetime subscription option between the time they decided to change the model of the game and the time they announced it.

I also feel that Cryptic should offer 100% refund to anyone who bought one during that period and a pro-rated refund for anyone else who wants it (the price you paid - $15 for each month since you bought the subscription).
Lt. Commander
will us existing players get any rewards for subscribing when the game moves to free to play??
Lt. Commander
Will they fix the bug on your bridge with clones officers?

Will the clear up the cloud in "Klingon Scout Force" so poeple's computers don't lag?

Will we ever get to tailer our ship crew uniforms?

When will Cryptic come up with better shields?

When will Cryptic make rear cannons for Tier 5 large cruisers? The Enterprise E has them in the Nemesis Movie, why don't we?

When will you build a carrier for the Feds, or of give us fighters that we can keep?

When will you make us pets that fight? I am ****ed off at the fact that I did all the missions to get a Delta flyer just to see it not fight when I'm in battle.
Lt. Commander
# 218
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
If you've got questions and are looking for some clarifications concerning Star Trek Online's transition to a free-to-play model, this is the place to ask them.
Two months worth of Q in this Welcome to the F2P Q&A thread, but zero A.

Excellent score.
Lt. Commander
# 219
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Will we see the level cap go up any time after STO goes F2P playing the missions at max level right now is not that fun nothing to work for besides just replay vaule?
Lt. Commander
# 220 Lifetime ?
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
hi,
i have a lifetime subscription, and what does happen to us in the free 2 play transition?