Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 231
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak_ChaTrek
I am referring to subscription fees, therefore your argument is invalid. if you can't see how a lifetime subscriber is only required to pay at most $300 and therefore will pay considerably fewer sub fees over the life of the game you need to take another look.



so you resort to insults and 'yay i'm better than you because I paid $300 up front!!' elitism. it doesn't help your case.



no it was a lie. as others have already told you in several other posts. even if liberated borg are being made available to others that does not mean you are losing them. you still have the same ability to create one. hence you have lost nothing.



the benefit of the lifetime membership is never paying again. and you still aren't losing anything.



they aren't supposed to gain anything substantial. a lifetime membership is a lifetime membership. thats the purpose behind buying it



I see alot of people claim this despite the fact it has no basis in reality



current users keep what they already have. liberated borg characters are not removed from lifetime accounts. this has already been made clear



no, because by its very concept that is not free to play. free to play makes more money than subscriptions from microtransaction sales, therefore its in the best interest of cryptic leave silvers as they are to attract more people. more people = more transactions = more money. its the whole 'it takes money to make money' concept
Do you know about the time value of money? Its safe to assume that every dollar that was put in by life time subscribers wasn't spent as soon as it was paid, so the value of that money over time is greater because of the intrerest that is earned on the money.

Also, not having exclusive access to content after it was given to you is a loss.[/quote]

thats right its not free to play look at what you paid thou for the game just to get 400 points like i said in my other reply you are paying 15.00 a month for 5 months to get 2000 points = 75.00 total sub fee you on the other hand paid a whole lot more than you think. free to play has a better options than a lifer or a 15.00 a month player a free to player can get what you can get for 25.00 a month not a 5 month sub at 75.00 so it is cheaper to go free to play not pay to play you bet im going free to play to get the same thing for less money
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 232
12-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post
Lifers may not lose anything but what concerns me is that they don't gain anything subtantial either. At present there is nothing to demonstrate their value or reward their loyalty for spending such a premium for this game, which has ultimately helped lead it to this financially beneficial point for Cryptic.

It's like thank you and bye bye. You've served your purpose. Its all about Silver members now.

Hell, I'm a subscriber (hereafter Gold member) who always considered going 'Life' and what concerns me is that it appears that there is a diminishing (it should be increasing) amount of incentives to go life.

Moreover, I don't really think there is enough to keep me a Gold member, from dropping down to Silver.

If we take the Champions Online Model, which this is based on, at least in that game Gold members have full access to all the character archetypes and can cutomise character archetypes and the adventure packs (those are like premium missions) while the Comic series are free for all players to play.

Adverture packs, some character types and bank slots are all purchasable through the CO C-store for Silver members but free to subscribers.

If Star Trek truly mirrored tht format - and it works irrespective of whether you like the game or not - then th following would likely happen:



Lastly I know this is largely Fed centric but I'm not a Klingon player.







wow alot of people love to confuse everyone. 1)lifers get to be a borg and other free stuff they get for their dedication with every thing unlimited 2) paid to play pays 15.00 dollars a month and has everything unlimited. 3) free to players this is where everyone is really confusing everyone. free to play has the upper hand out of the game. sure they get stuff limited but is the stuff really that important. game voice and regular chat and foundary missions limited plus fleet creating limited are these things that important to pay 15.00 dollars a month for 4) All the game stuff tier ships extra character bridge officer bank and inventory slots that free to play are lacking can be bought in c store. 5) the stipend for payed players is 15.00 dollars a month and receive 400 points but after paying 5 months they will get 2000 but at a 75.00 sub fee for 5 months free to play no problem no sub just pay 25.00 dollars there is your 2000 points in 1 month not 5 now if the payed player wants more tokens they need to buy them at the c store for more money +their 15.00 dollars. 6) in the end the bottom line free to play silver accounts gets all the game content + all the tier ships on the c store very cheap no sub Free To Play = Win Win
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 233
12-09-2011, 07:34 AM
hi all, i'm new to sto, just acquired this morning the digital delux download, with the intention to play the 30 free days and than to continue with the next coming free-to-play as silver user.
about this i have a question, sorry if already asked by someone, but 24 3d pages are heavy to read:
- my account will loose all the "deluxe edition features" (tos uniforms, joined trill, khaan emote, klingon blood wine toast, nx registry prefix, automated defense battery) in the transaction to the free-to-play form?
- and my tos classical enterprise unlocked for free?
thanks for your attention
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 234
12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black75 View Post
hi all, i'm new to sto, just acquired this morning the digital delux download, with the intention to play the 30 free days and than to continue with the next coming free-to-play as silver user.
about this i have a question, sorry if already asked by someone, but 24 3d pages are heavy to read:
- my account will loose all the "deluxe edition features" (tos uniforms, joined trill, khaan emote, klingon blood wine toast, nx registry prefix, automated defense battery) in the transaction to the free-to-play form?
- and my tos classical enterprise unlocked for free?
thanks for your attention
The basic understanding that Cryptic has tried to express is that, with exception to Gold-specific features (of which the items you list are not), then anything you've already unlocked will remain unlocked, even if your account goes Silver.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 235
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
The basic understanding that Cryptic has tried to express is that, with exception to Gold-specific features (of which the items you list are not), then anything you've already unlocked will remain unlocked, even if your account goes Silver.
Many thanks for your reply!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 236
12-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRtrek View Post
Is there enough of a difference between Silver and Gold memberships to make it worth the cost of a monthly subscription?

I have been a loyal monthly subscriber for well over a year and had planned on continuing to pay or even upgrade to a lifetime subscription when the F2P announcement was made. Unfortunately, I feel there is not enough incentive to continue paying to play. I believe the monthly stipend needs to be increased substantially or the monthly fees need to be decreased. I love this game and would like to continue to support it financially but i don't feel there is any substantial reason to do so if I can get the same content for free.





hello to answer your question this is your choice to make free to play or sub. there are a few minor differences between free to play and pay to play. all game content tier ships and all are available to free to play just check out the c store for details. there are limits to the foundry creation of missions,voice in game chat in game and emails in game. free to play also will receive less character,bank inventory and bridge officer slots but these can be bought on c store. free to play does not get a stipend but the bad thing for the stipend is if you want it you need to pay for it by subbing. i think by far going silver in my opinion in my better choice when looking at the stipend you need to pay 15.00 dollars a month to get 400 and in order to get 2000 points = 75.00dollars or 5 months sub which 25.00 = 2000 which a free to play could do to get c points and buy his/her stuff from c store. i hope this helped you i believe this shows the savings free to play vs pay to play
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 237 Forsaken yet again
12-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Seems at times I have to finally respond to something that gets to me, Like where in all the Known Galaxy are Our VA ships ??
Oh, I see, now we have to buy the frakin things, forget earning them......nope, spend more money if you want we once got for free for being loyal members and players of a game that to this date, has had so little new anything at all in way of content that i can tell you every mission there has ever been on here.
Then they destroy the DTFs on top of that, so any person that can hit space bar can beat it.
Gone are the days where my "friend's" and i would actually plan out a STF, prepare to run it then completely destroy it in a matter of an hour ( I am talking like the Cure VA). I am sorry so many couldn't either find the time or had any "friend's" that could run the STFs with them, but to be punished for those peoples shot comings seems so wrong it wioll make sure I NEVER run a Nerfed STF ever. Yes, I hate the New season more and more as everything I actually liked in this game is being taken away one part at a time, the ships, the rewards, the STFs, why not just null all Life time accounts and finally get it over with ???. Sorry, just had to vent this out.
If you think about it, the things you are taking away are the things we all played and used to play while Cryptic did nothing as far as content for like a year. Now, when the very people that are here, when no reason has been given to those people to stay, why start messing around with the things those people stayed here for and why keep taking when you still have given nothing back as far as content or game play ??? Be warned, most of my fleet are checking out a galaxy far far away......not a good sign any way you look at it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 238
12-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Were there already some new infos about the new Cryptic-store prices? How will the prices change after free to play?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 239 lifetime member
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I purchased a lifetime membership when the game first came out. what benifits do I get as a lifetime sucriber when the game goes free 2 play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
anyone know the process to convert from gold to silver
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.