Lt. Commander
# 31
09-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Do the 400 promotional points stack or do the remaining ones disappear at the end of the month and get replaced by new 400 for the next month?
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
In the FAQ it states:

I've seen nothing to suggest that this exclusive feature would be available for others though.
"Q: Will there be any changes to the C-Store now that STO is going free-to-play?Top

Yes. We'll be reviewing the content and prices of goods on offer in the C-store. This includes prices for ships at all tiers. There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. For now, we know that some previously purchasable playable species will soon be free (Ferengi, Rigelian, Pakled, Tellarite), and others (Liberated Borg, Joined Trill, Federation Klingons) will be earned through other means. If you have already unlocked access to any C-store items, including playable species, you will retain that access in the free-to-play transition."

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_faq
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
No, it doesn't.
I have 8 characters.
Gold limit is 3 by default.
I have purchased 4 more cgaracter slots.
Is my last character going to be deleted?
And if you buy the game now you get three character slots. Gold accounts are no different and of course you're not going to lose extra slots whether you brought them or unlocked them in another fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM
What will happen to the owners of gametime cards?
Will the cards expire when STO goes F2P?
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrexian Hero
In the FAQ it states:
Quote:
Lifetime subscribers also become Gold Members automatically and will not be charged a continuing subscription fee. Basically, nothing changes for Lifetime subscribers: They continue to have complete access to the same content, items and episodes the way they always have.

I've seen nothing to suggest that this exclusive feature would be available for others though.
Elsewhere in the FAQ it says
Quote:
Q: Will there be any changes to the C-Store now that STO is going free-to-play?Top

Yes. We'll be reviewing the content and prices of goods on offer in the C-store. This includes prices for ships at all tiers. There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. For now, we know that some previously purchasable playable species will soon be free (Ferengi, Rigelian, Pakled, Tellarite), and others (Liberated Borg, Joined Trill, Federation Klingons) will be earned through other means. If you have already unlocked access to any C-store items, including playable species, you will retain that access in the free-to-play transition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks
I imagine they'd be used to make you a Gold player for whatever amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Gametime cards are the equivalent of a 'subscription'... No doubt they will still be sold for players who want 'Gold Subscription' status...
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Answered in FAQ, nm.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
It says for both gold and silver that Klingon play is unlocked at level 25 -- it was originally 5 and (presumably) reduced to after the Fed tutorial (level 1) with Season 4. Is this actually the plan to increase it -- such a high level to unlock (when Stahl himself says that most players have never even gotten to level 21) would seem to really reduce the ratio of Federation players to Klingon players (which the latter at last count were only 18%).
I really think that was a bombshell about the Klingon gameplay. I find it quite alarming. We had been told for months that there was going to be a Klingon tutorial and eventually there would be no requirement to level a Federation character in order to play a Klingon. Now, there will be a 25 level Federation entry fee for Klingons, and if I'm interpreting the PvP comments of the FAQ correctly, Klingons will start on a much higher level now. The plans for Klingons beg for more answers now, and in fact, it could use its own FAQ. What we have been told is way too vague.

My questions:
1. How is this intended to help the Klingon faction?
2. How will this not just encourage more players to play Federation characters and stick with it?
3. What is going to happen with lower level Klingon ships since many of them won't be needed in this plan?
4. Please don't take this question as argumentative, but is lopping off half of a Klingon players levels a way to justify not offering them as many levels?
5. This would seem to eliminate the need to remaster early Federation missions to be told from a Klingon perspective. Is there still a plan to remaster episodes for Klingons?
6. When can we expect this future Klingon update? Season 5?
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I appreciate an official answer here as I have 2 unused cards left and wonder what to do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
My questions are as followes:

1. Is this stipend going be the same as champions at 400? I think it should be higher since that 400 is less than 5.00 worth of tokens and you are paying 15.00 a month for subscription. Nice way for me to ask about this is because I know you guys mean well but if you look at it just from tokens perspective if the game is technically free to play and you are paying 15.00 a month thats 1200 worth of tokens so for a 2000 token ship would take you 5 months to get off stipends so instead of a ship like that costing you 20-25 dollars it is now actually costing you around 75-80 dollars. Honestly thought the CO format for subscription is just to get the fluff costumes and to avoid the annoying advertisements and I know you have to make money but I would suggest putting things into the STO F2P that are worth the money to spend on it.

2. If there is a cap on character slots and say for instance I have 13-14 slots right now and say I need to use the money for something else for that month will any of my characters be deleted, or will I be stuck with only being able to play a few select characters that the system allows me too?