Lt. Commander
# 81
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Instead of receiving free ship tokens, players will now receive Dilithium through natural play which can be used to purchase ships and gear.

We used to get a free ship per tier, will we get enough dilithium when we tier up to get that 1 free ship, or will we be stuck either grinding for dilithium, or buying all our ships?
Lt. Commander
# 82
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I am completely miffed! In Champions Online, Gold members get access to premium archetypes and costumes for FREE! Why aren't we afforded the same with regards to ships and races HERE?!
Lt. Commander
I've still got 2 out of the 3 "Guest Passes" I earned for buying the Collector's edition to STO and now they are no longer necessary to invite a guest into the game. Will there be any ways I or another player can use the codes on the remaining 2 Guest Passes?
Lt. Commander
# 84
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
To answer everyone’s questions:
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
Still thinking
Soon
Soon
Very soon
And sooner than soon
During this season
Before next season
Next season
Still thinking
And next year
In that order

They don’t call this company Cryptic for nothing
Now to my question

My concern would be when F2P goes live. Will Cryptic be ready to handle the increase in server traffic in the 1st few weeks to avoid lag and disconnects?

How will the featured episodes work in free to play? Will it be open to all members on day one? And how will Cryptic handle the traffic if or when we get new featured episodes? As it stands now we get lag and disconnects just from the current members we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 85
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
@D207, I think dstahl said they have additional hardware already on the way thanks to PW, so hopefully that wont be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
a) perfect world are pros at this stuff - if you check out their site, they have quite a few MMOs running
b) the season 4 "code merge" was a huge performance upgrade to our core server technology
c) more hardware is on the way
Lt. Commander
# 86
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
The stipend has to be raised, 400 points is nothing when you compare the cstore costs of CO and STO items.

The character slots have to be increased, 5 is the minimum for subscribers.

There has to be more incentives for subscriptions, based on their matrix, why would someone want to pay?

On the flip side:

How about limiting costume slots for silver and not inventory space? Inventory is pretty necessary to play. Please don't make this a F2P but Pay to Enjoy game.
Lt. Commander
# 87
09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
That announcement was a big let down. I was actually kind of excited about what Cryptic might do, but was left with an even more sour taste in my mouth than before.
  • Cryptic is lying to us about klingon content, again! Instead of fixing things like they have been promising since launch, they are condensing the faction to make the experience less horrible, while promising to do real work on it at some far flung future time. At this point, anyone with half a brain should see the likelyhood of that ever happening is astronomically low.
  • They lied to us about 600 day rewards, waiting until the day those rewards should have gone out to let us know about it. Instead of having the decency to come out and say it they made it a foot-note in the announcement.
  • Far too little difference between gold and silver players. One would be much better off with a silver account spending $15 dollars a month in the blasted C-store!
  • No method to the madness behind tier x.5, both Gold and Silver players will need to shell out serious money to remain competitive
  • It's a little thing, but not being able to use the STO stiped towards CO and vice-versa is hands down retarded. Are they trying to limit the number of people who might subscribe to both games?!

Who is responsible for all of these terrible decisions of late? Dsthal? I seriously wish I never bought a LTS more than I ever have before!
Lt. Commander
# 88 Character Slots
09-06-2011, 05:58 PM
If I decide to change to a silver account can I unlock my other toon by buying an additional character slot? Or will I have to keep a gold account to be able to play the extra toon I got? I have 3 now but silver accounts only allow 2 toons. So will I be able to unlock that character by buying a character slot?
Lt. Commander
# 89
09-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Another one I thought of whilst awaiting the sexy Venture and Vor'Kang, Dstahl mentioned that he forsaw C-Store prices dropping, is that going to be future implemented if it comes through? Or are prices going to retroactively drop for previously released products as well as future C-Store releases?
Lt. Commander
# 90
09-06-2011, 07:00 PM
ive got like 7 char spots in total...will i still keep them when the game goes F2P?