Lt. Commander
# 11
09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
Read the FAQ again. It states there will be a new starting level and that Klingon characters that have not reached that level will be adjusted so as to be viable in the "New Empire."

And people telling us to be patient is wearing thin. We were told last March half the Dev team was making Klingon content. We don't have much to show for that. It is easy for Federation players to tell Klingon players to wait. There is a lot more Federation content.
and yet, i've played a few klingons in-game. i'm aware of the grind (was not bothered by it), and aware of the lack of content

and i'm still asking to be patient
Lt. Commander
Quote:
If your Klingon character has not reached the new starting level for Klingons once the conversion is completed, we will adjust your Klingon character so that he is still viable in the new empire.
Q: What effect will the Klingon Changes have on PvP

Low level Klingon vs. Federation PvP queues will be temporarily removed. However, Federation vs. Federation PvP will still be possible. Klingon vs. Federation PvP will become available at the same rank that Klingons begin
From this I take that KDF will start at rank 25 and if not, they will automatically be placed at the highter tier.

Quote:
Klingon vs. Federation PvP will become available at the same rank that Klingons begin
- it's at rank 25. Therefore KDF can't start from Tier 6 at level 25 they would start at 25 to make this viable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
and yet, i've played a few klingons in-game. i'm aware of the grind (was not bothered by it), and aware of the lack of content

and i'm still asking to be patient
That is good for you that you weren't bothered. Others don't feel the same. I have a Klingon LG and a Captain on the verge of becoming a BG. I've been stuck doing the same things over and over and over to a degree that wasn't experienced when I levelled my Federation character to VA. You can ask us all you want to be patient, but I'm not aware of any reason that any of us owe you that.

I'm asking for the Devs to give us more details and an explanation. They keep telling us to be patient, that more content for the Klingons is coming. Well, I ask, what exactly is coming and when? Season 5? Season 6?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Not a happy camper with this. This move is a huge negative for the faction.

It removes half of it. Literally just removes half of the faction.

And it also pretty much bottlenecks the KDF playerbase from growing. All the free players will be 25 levels into a new character before unlocking a Klingon. And will most likely continue to ignore the KDF after getting 25 levels. All the "new population growth" will be completely fed side.

So someday in 2012, we'll get a post detailing why they plan to not develop anything new for the KDF and it'll read something like "Our statistics show KDF playerbase to be .05% of the playerbase, and it's been shrinking since going free to play started, so we can't justify spending the resources on something so small."

PVP will be Fed vs. Fed dominated even more.

This whole thing is just ... ugh ... classic Cryptic though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
By the time a player has reached level 25 with their first (FED) toon, they will likely have NO desire to suddenly start playing a new character from scratch. We have a population problem, this makes it worse. We have a content problem, this is just condensing what little content we have to make it look better, without actually fixing it.

This is not just a betrayal of Klingon players, this is a dishonorable blade to the back.

They say: "A more complete, full-fledged Klingon Faction that we've always wanted to be able to provide will be launched in a future update."

Unless they tell us, now, that that means full PvE Storyline Mission progression from lvl 1 to lvl 51, I see no reason why I should continue trying to recruit players or spending money on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-06-2011, 03:12 PM
First of all, why Level 25? Why not Level 21 when you're a Commander?

Content: Having Klingons start off at Level 25 seems like a cheap way of avoiding the lack of Klingon content situation, where current missions are bumped up to higher difficulty. At the same time, some of it is removed, like the Exploration Zones, instead of 2 Ranks per sector its reduced to 1.

So T'ong goes from LT and LT Commander to Commander.
D'kel becomes Captain.
And Eridon becomes Brigadier General.

Then the Klingon ships:

Instead of 5 Tiers of BoPs and 4 Tiers of Raptors and Cruisers, it's now 3 Tiers for BoP and 2 Tiers of Raptors and Cruisers.

So where does these ships? Refits? Varients?

This is what I like to know. But one thing is for sure, the Romulans likely be treated the same since they have a shorter list of ships in their inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
My biggest annoyance about it is that its been quoted again and again that the reason for not providing Klingons with more content is the fact not many players play as Klingons, yet they do more and more to drive people away from playing as them and then turn around again and say, 'well its not worth changing, not many people play as Klingons'.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
take this into consideration-

when the faction is 'complete', meaning the first 25 levels are added,
what's the new content going to consist of? low-level quests.

what does that offer players already at max level (most of us here now)?

will we see any new end-game content, KDF-exclusive? Or anything past level 25 for that matter?

what incentives will there be for max-level players to play those low-level quests? another alt, or, goodies for our mains?

and what kind of bugs will there be when they delete those first 25 levels.... and what kind of bugs will there be when they re-open them? How long will it take to crush the new bugs? This will definitely have an impact on the amount of time it takes to release new KDF content, mind you...

Guaranteed, since the Feds don't have to go through this additional change, that's 1 less set of bugs Feds don't have to deal with- and one more benefit for Fed players.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Cryptic won't even give us an estimate as to when so don't hold your breath.
They won't even say "next year".
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm still convinced that there will be no KDF content below level 25 added to game; ever. If they do add some stuff it will be rehashed FED missions, and maybe throw in a new KDF set of missions, they will be for the higher levels.

Newb KDF'ers have been killed off for good.