Lt. Commander
I just picked up a copy of AuxToStruc III on my Eng/Cruiser VA and was thinking of rearranging my skills to use this as my hull heal. I know it use to be the bomb when it had a 15s recharge, does it still? (wiki says 55 rch now)

Right now I am running a Star Cruiser with 2 x Hazzard Emitters I , with some points in the emitter skills and 60 Aux I can get a 10k heal very 30 seconds. Will AuxToStruc III be as good when skilled?

Currently running:

Tac: Tac team I, BAW II

Eng: EP:W I, RSP I, EP:S III
Eng: EP:W I, RSP I, EP:S III, DEM III

Sci: HM I, TSS II
Sci: HM I
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Aux to SIF still has a 15 second CD.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
As a tank cruiser you usually run 100 Aux power and 50 Shield power (numbers without bonus now). If you want a hull healer i would rather go for ET 3 and HE2. TSS 1 2x. I would remove the 2nd rsp if i were you. 1 is far enough since you got skills like RSF and Miracle Worker.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
If you're an Eng captain you really don't need Power to shields 3. Or 2 RSP for that matter. 2 Eng team 3s Aux2SIF3 and some power to shields 1 and 2 should be good.

You could go shields 1 and 2, Eng 3 aux 3 and then weapons 1 and 2 with another eng team 3. Or 2 weapons 1 and 2 shields 2. Either way 2 RSP is not needed. 1 RSP on most ships is not needed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakner View Post
Currently running:

Tac: Tac team I, BAW II

Eng: EP:W I, RSP I, EP:S III
Eng: EP:W I, RSP I, EP:S III, DEM III

Sci: HM I, TSS II
Sci: HM I
Drop both RSP's (they're only good vs the Borg if you don't run HE) and completely detract from PvP Team play (you can't team heal much and most fleets would ignore you if you're a zombie). Kick the EmptS down to level 2 since you can cap yourself with it in heal / tank settings and bring it up to a respectable level with attack presets.

This frees up both of your LtCmdr slots for ET3, SIF2, DEM2 and also allows you some play with your Cmdr slot for SIF3, ES3 etc.

Veritas typically runs a stronger shield healing + tanking build for PvP. I have a weaker shield heal / tank build with more focus on hull healing, but I don't use it much since Shields > All with LOLTORPSPREAD all over the place and most of the Sci ships in the fleet have high level or multiple HE's to make up for it.

TT1 - AP: Delta

ET1 - EmptS2 - ES2 - SIF3
ET1 - EmptS2 - ES2

HE1 - TSS2
ST1
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Science Team on a cruiser isn't a good choice since it interferes to much with ET and TT. Same for the Extend. One ES 3 is enough (CD is 15 secs only). For team play i would lower it to epts 1 2x and get at least one rsp 1.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakner View Post
Right now I am running a Star Cruiser with 2 x Hazzard Emitters I , with some points in the emitter skills and 60 Aux I can get a 10k heal very 30 seconds. Will AuxToStruc III be as good when skilled?
I just want to point out that SIF3's strength isn't the instant heal, which is moderate at best, but the resistance buff which it provides.

My current build is (Sov):
Sci: HE1, HE2
Eng: EPtW1 x 2, RSP1, EXT1, ENG3 x 2, SIF3
Tac: FAW1 x 2, APB1

Between SIF and HEs you're able to give either yourself, or a teammate, a hefty hull resistance (I think it's 60+ but have to look) and a moderate amount of healing. Eng3 is the massive hull heal, which does somewhere in the neighborhood of 35k instantly.

I dont know what wiki is talking about for the recharge though, I'm pretty sure it's still 15 sec on SIF3. Part of the reason it's so great.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I wonder why your build doesn't run any empts. You would survive much longer if you run 2 copies of epts and you would not need hull heals only. Additionally epts reduces the damage income.

Yes considering that auxif3 isn't the best hull heal it gives hull resistance for a short time. Including the short CD it's a must on a cruiser.

Same for HE/ET. HE removes debuffs like Peng proc or aceton field. ET removes engineering debuffs like target subsystems and you get a hull buff.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Honestly? It's mostly personal preference.

I prefer hull based healing because I spend most of my time taking new fleet members through the STFs and I can tank Tactical cubes with relative ease. It's also really useful when I can drop all my heals on other people and give them the same heal / resistance burst.

I guess I could swap out RSP, but I just use that when I need a buffer to keep me alive until my heals cycle... and that doesn't happen that often.

I just don't need the shield heals that badly, so I haven't seen the need for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
Honestly? It's mostly personal preference.

I prefer hull based healing because I spend most of my time taking new fleet members through the STFs and I can tank Tactical cubes with relative ease. It's also really useful when I can drop all my heals on other people and give them the same heal / resistance burst.

I guess I could swap out RSP, but I just use that when I need a buffer to keep me alive until my heals cycle... and that doesn't happen that often.

I just don't need the shield heals that badly, so I haven't seen the need for it.
Didn't say you have to equip it. It's just my suggestion for your build. Considering I'm a PVPer i guess we have different views.