Lt. Commander
# 31
09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, i know that an extra sci boff power on a vor'cha would make a very noticeable impact in pvp since its pretty lacking in that regard. Or an extra tac power that is not ensign level.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post
I'm really unhappy with how the jupiter guys let Al preset his point of view without pointing out the obvious problems flaws. I really don't know how you can go from "if you want to dens a message, cancel your subscription" to "everything is great". Only explanation: Al is a really charming guy.

To put it bluntly: the fact, that you can trade dilithium for c-points fixes nothing. Players who want to go this route are most likely not to gain access to c-store ships immediately after their promotion, since they need to accumulate huge amounts of dilithium first (considering that it takes roughly a month playtime to grind 500 Emblems). And even then I do not see, why anyone would want to trade c-points for dilithium to make this system work to start with. You would need to convert a lot of c-store and/or exclusive in-game items to something you can buy with dilithium. But what exactly are the items someone would like to buy for real money and not need to spend time grinding? For that we have:
  • The Delta Flyer Schematic (on Exchange for 500.000 EC)
  • The Aegeis Set (on Exchance for 1.500.000 EC)
  • The Borg Set (not tradable)
  • XP Boosts (on Exchange for 150.000 EC / 650.000 EC)
  • Diplomacy rewards (not tradable)
  • Veteran rewards (not tradable)
  • Referral rewards (not tradable)

That really is not something you can base a viable economy on where players basically sell their play time for real money to others. Additionally, consider the outrage, when the non-tradable items became tradable for dilithium. Or: consider the outrage, when Cryptic makes previously expensive C-Store items obtainable for decent amounts of dilithium.

So actually: No, dilithium for C-Points does not in any way fix the balancing issues of ships like the Rhode Island.

And Jeremy is plain wrong when stating, that right now players would have to spend money on the Retrofits like the Galaxy with Saucer Separation. First of all, these ships are Tier 6 and therefore better than Tier 5 ships like the Sovereign. Second, you get a free token for one of those ships when you reach VA1.

What he could have mentioned though, is the Excelsior. The Excelsior is slightly overpowered compared to the Galaxy, because it has a better turn rate and an additional console slot. But that is balanced out by the fact that the Galaxy has a built-in power usable in combat, while the transwarp-drive of the Excelsior gives no PvP advantage.

Regards,
Rachel
The only way to give "time" currency real value let alone keep inflation away is to introduce real "time" currency sinks. This isn't likely to happen in this game. I did like the fact roughly a year ago there was no real grind to get gear/ships you wanted. I felt it also would free the devs up to develop interesting end game content and make playing the game not a 2nd job grind fest. Obviously, I was wrong. As there will likely be a huge influx of "time" currency with little to spend it on once the new players max out the in game purchasing options, and I'm not even counting the bots. But, bringing things like this up to Cryptic has been like talking to a wall.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Fedballs dont seem so bad now, and they fix it now lol
Fedballs happened because one side was 'invisible' they had no choice so i dont blame the side that cant hide like the Klingons.
Just roll on sector control PvP and hurry!
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Yes, and those who pay money should get something for doing so. The game is going to be FREE.
They are - 400 CP a month to spend (or save up) however you like in the SO C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Subs get 400 points per month in F2P system. When you have all you want, why not sell some? I would. P2Win makes a little sense with F2P doesn't it?
I know, I was referring to having stuff to buy in the store
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-07-2011, 07:12 PM
EDIT: Still fuming about the F2P matrix... don't mind me
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Off topic, but I originally thought the Blue-Fire Cryptic employee was just referencing a really hot fire. Then I see a Red-Ice Cryptic Employee. It'd only take a 3rd reference to complete a 3 fold force.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Quote:
And Jeremy is plain wrong when stating, that right now players would have to spend money on the Retrofits like the Galaxy with Saucer Separation. First of all, these ships are Tier 6 and therefore better than Tier 5 ships like the Sovereign. Second, you get a free token for one of those ships when you reach VA1.
where are these Tier 6 ships RachelGarrett keeps talking about ....oh right there are none as of yet... why do alot of people keep calling some of these ships T6 when there is no T6 they are T5 , I'm sorry but I saw nothing wrong with how the STOked guys did this ep they voice there opinion and got a dev in to handle the rest for all those that are against these so called OP ships oh well its coming out anyways and more are on the way each with there own console call them OP if you want but thats how its going to be.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
where are these Tier 6 ships RachelGarrett keeps talking about ....oh right there are none as of yet... why does alot of people keep calling some of these ships T6 when there is no T6 they are T5 , I'm sorry but I saw nothing wrong with how the STOked guys did this ep they voice there opinion and got a dev in to handle the rest for all those that are against these so called OP ships oh well its coming out anyways and more are on the way each with there own console call them OP if you want but thats how its going to be.
Honestly, I don't see why we should have to put up with this nonsense. We could always mass-boycott the STO C-Store to protest this.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post
I'm really unhappy with how the jupiter guys let Al preset his point of view without pointing out the obvious problems flaws. I really don't know how you can go from "if you want to dens a message, cancel your subscription" to "everything is great". Only explanation: Al is a really charming guy.

To put it bluntly: the fact, that you can trade dilithium for c-points fixes nothing. Players who want to go this route are most likely not to gain access to c-store ships immediately after their promotion, since they need to accumulate huge amounts of dilithium first (considering that it takes roughly a month playtime to grind 500 Emblems). And even then I do not see, why anyone would want to trade c-points for dilithium to make this system work to start with. You would need to convert a lot of c-store and/or exclusive in-game items to something you can buy with dilithium. But what exactly are the items someone would like to buy for real money and not need to spend time grinding? For that we have:
  • The Delta Flyer Schematic (on Exchange for 500.000 EC)
  • The Aegeis Set (on Exchance for 1.500.000 EC)
  • The Borg Set (not tradable)
  • XP Boosts (on Exchange for 150.000 EC / 650.000 EC)
  • Diplomacy rewards (not tradable)
  • Veteran rewards (not tradable)
  • Referral rewards (not tradable)
You are missing:
Very Rare Items (that are not set items). If you want to become "all-purple"; you need plenty of Emblems now. Plenty of Dilithium in the future. Is it worth it? Maybe. I don't know. But it is something to keep in mind. I have some doubts as well.

Quote:
They are Tier 5 ships. At least that was the goal, as they got a power for a console slot, which the team believed would balance things. That said - the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit is probably the best ship in the game and the closest to a Tier 5.5 ship we have right now.

But if you want a healing cruiser, you take the Star Cruiser. The Galaxy-Retrofit, Galaxy-X or Excelsior won't do it as well.