Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek X - Nemesis
09-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi All

Just want to talk about the movie, what were your thoughts of nemesis?

Also what was extended ending about? I looked everywhere and all i can find is a deleted seen with riker making a joke with the new first officer and then picard trying the new chair and thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I enjoyed it mostly, particularly the battle scene with the Scimitar, watching Picard get his war on is awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I did not like the movie. There are so many plot disparities I can't even go into it.
This movie is also where the Remans are introduced (another plot disparity)

Honestly, I think this movie is what killed the mainstream Star Trek saga.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Good film, often slated, but I found it very entertaining. Casting is somewhat poor but the special effects are top nitch. Better than the j verse film by far, which had many more plot holes, such as kirk going from a drunk to captain of the flag ship for the federation within a tiny time period.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Hi All Just want to talk about the movie, I have not seen this movie yet so I just what to know what people thought of it?

Also what was extended ending about? I looked everywhere and all i can find is a deleted seen with riker making a joke with the new first officer and then picard trying the new chair and thats it.
All there is for the extended ending is the scene you're referring to.
I personally did not like it. It felt to me like they were trying to do Wrath of Khan, and a twist of Aliens, with the TNG cast, with a script written by a fan boy who didn't know how to shave yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
All there is for the extended ending is the scene you're referring to.
I personally did not like it. It felt to me like they were trying to do Wrath of Khan, and a twist of Aliens, with the TNG cast, with a script written by a fan boy who didn't know how to shave yet.
YA i thought so to, the story wasn't good, but everything else i agree was top nocht. Can't believe thought they got and director has never seen star trek and worse he never bother to see any!? Also its ashame as well we never got to see the second "final phase refit" of the enterprise e which makes the ship look alot better then in first contact and in insurrection. I wished they at least made a scene and then deicded to take it out then just make the blueprints then change thier minds. LOve the battles scenes and the warp effect excpet the first time we hear the enterprise e go to warp it sound like a gun lol, but the next time we hear it, it sounds better and the way it went to warp was great to. I hope this new sersis which is going to be pitched which is set i think post-voyager/nemesis, hopefully after nemesis, to me makes sense, that we get to see the newly design sovereign class, thier is alot we don't know about the ship and I for one would love to know more .
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't mind it as much as others do. It's full of problems and missed opportunities, though. So... I guess it makes me sad more than it makes me angry or, worse, indifferent. Insurrection says hi.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Hi All Just want to talk about the movie, I have not seen this movie yet so I just what to know what people thought of it?

Quote:
YA i thought so to, the story wasn't good, but everything else i agree was top nocht. Can't believe thought they got and director has never seen star trek and worse he never bother to see any!? Also its ashame as well we never got to see the second "final phase refit" of the enterprise e which makes the ship look alot better then in first contact and in insurrection. I wished they at least made a scene and then deicded to take it out then just make the blueprints then change thier minds. LOve the battles scenes and the warp effect excpet the first time we hear the enterprise e go to warp it sound like a gun lol, but the next time we hear it, it sounds better and the way it went to warp was great to. I hope this new sersis which is going to be pitched which is set i think post-voyager/nemesis, hopefully after nemesis, to me makes sense, that we get to see the newly design sovereign class, thier is alot we don't know about the ship and I for one would love to know more .
I wish we saw the true last TNG movie as well...JJ just had to take TNG's last film and use his crap one to forever begin the death of the 45+ year Trek....
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I wish we saw the true last TNG movie as well...JJ just had to take TNG's last film and use his crao one to forever begin the death of the 45+ year Trek....
I wonder if JJ abram was to redo the last or next tng moive?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I did not like the movie very much, the Battle at the Bassan Rift was probably the best part of the movie. Special Effects were the plus but the plot ugh. So many disparities that even me being a decent writer could not logically explain. Another small plus was also a plot disparity but I thought a decent one the Remans. This movie, Enterprise, and the Last two years of Voyager killed Star Trek. It warranted a 6 year break for the movie and who knows how long for a TV series of any good quality.

Now its not like the New movie did much to ease the science and logical plot hole developments, nor did it have the heart of Star Trek, and all it did was go to old characters and crap on 45 years worth of history with added lens flare. Was it better than Nemesis....Yes it was but anything would have been better. Was it better than the uneven Star Trek Enterprise... not really but at times yes it was. Was it better than the Last 2 years of Voyager... yes it was.