Lt. Commander
# 11
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I did not like the movie very much, the Battle at the Bassan Rift was probably the best part of the movie. Special Effects were the plus but the plot ugh. So many disparities that even me being a decent writer could not logically explain. Another small plus was also a plot disparity but I thought a decent one the Remans. This movie, Enterprise, and the Last two years of Voyager killed Star Trek. It warranted a 6 year break for the movie and who knows how long for a TV series of any good quality.

Now its not like the New movie did much to ease the science and logical plot hole developments, nor did it have the heart of Star Trek, and all it did was go to old characters and crap on 45 years worth of history with added lens flare. Was it better than Nemesis....Yes it was but anything would have been better. Was it better than the uneven Star Trek Enterprise... not really but at times yes it was. Was it better than the Last 2 years of Voyager... yes it was.
The last two years of voyager weren't that bad, JJ Abrams star trek was interesting, i liked it but i still miss tng, ds9,voy and the moives which i grew up with, besides the idea of JJ Abrams star trek is to attract a new auidence into the franchaise while keeping the old fans also interested. I hope is they will be a new series it is set post-nemesis for those who loves the star trek before st09.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I liked the film, the story wasn't the best but the film made up for it with the fight scenes and killing data off wasn't needed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post
I don't mind it as much as others do. It's full of problems and missed opportunities, though. So... I guess it makes me sad more than it makes me angry or, worse, indifferent. Insurrection says hi.
Pretty much my opinion. It's definitively one of the weaker movies, but still far better than the JJverse. I suppose the designs and the cast alone are already a huge factor and can sort of save a movie when the script is crap. Now, Nemesis had its moments, too, just not as many as the older movies. Insurrection was equally weak, however, and I'd have a hard time choosing which was worse.

All in all, I'd still have preferred if they would have continued with Picard's crew. Or, hell, if they did a Voyager movie. Trash the series all you want, it was still more "Trek" than what we're getting for the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny2581i View Post
and killing data off wasn't needed.
Especially since they made him return right away. They could have at least done a "Search for Mr. Data" kind of sequel as long as they'd have left people actually believing that his death counted for something.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Oh and on STOked live stream they were going on about a new series being pitched to CBS set in the prime universe so hopefully prime trek lives on in the TV shows while jj can enjoy making his generic sci-fi pewpew featuring star trek sorta looking ships movies
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny2581i View Post
Oh and on STOked live stream they were going on about a new series being pitched to CBS set in the prime universe so hopefully prime trek lives on in the TV shows while jj can enjoy making his generic sci-fi pewpew featuring star trek sorta looking ships movies
Everyone already knows about that and have been talking about it but thanks, im praying and keeping my fingers crosses. I still don't understand why they stop star trek in the first place the is still alot they could do, i think its the way it was handled, released and promotion etc. Nemesis is my fav film but it is not the best star trek, i also thought they soemthing new instead it was a revised version of wrath of khan and it only lasted what and 2 hours? Since they said it was the last tng they should of made it 3 hours, everything else was great. I'm still ****ed of we didn't get to see the new enterprise e , "final phase refit" I hope the new show will be on a sovy class .
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
The last two years of voyager weren't that bad, JJ Abrams star trek was interesting, i liked it but i still miss tng, ds9,voy and the moives which i grew up with, besides the idea of JJ Abrams star trek is to attract a new auidence into the franchaise while keeping the old fans also interested. I hope is they will be a new series it is set post-nemesis for those who loves the star trek before st09.
It did not keep that many old fans, it ****ed a lot of them off. It annoyed me but I still liked it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I wish that CBS would ask the fans to come up with a new series. I think that would be the best way to keep the franchise alive, and keep it in line. The problems with JJ's movie are many, to say the least I can not get past an academy delinquent stowing away aboard a starship and being made first officer for doing it, eventually leading to being Captain. Give me a break..

I did not watch Enterprise when it was in production, but I have been watching it now that it is on Netflix. I am currently at the end of the second season and I am actually impressed with it. I like the crew, and I find the stories very entertaining without stepping on toes of it's predecessors. I wish I had watched it when it was on. After I finish Enterprise, I will watch Voyager, since when it was on, it was on UPN which I didn't get. I miss out on a lot of canon fact due to not having seen Voyager.

If I were to make a Star Trek series, I think what is worth exploring is the life of the Enterprise-B. Go back in time, but not so far that we don't have our familiarity with the timeline. Almost nothing is written about Enterprise-B. Who the Captain was (besides Captain Harriman), how long the ship was in commission, how it was removed from service, and anything interesting it did. The only thing I ever read that could be considered canon is that it had a distinguished career. I didn't like Captain John Harriman, as he seemed to unsure of himself, but he is easily replaced just as Pike was in TOS. I love the Excelsior class ship, and I would love to sketch out some stories for a series using Enterprise-B
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I wish we saw the true last TNG movie as well...JJ just had to take TNG's last film and use his crao one to forever begin the death of the 45+ year Trek....
that's funny..considering it was the "death of trek" that drove them to JJ and the entire reason it was rebooted.

like it or not JJ-Trek is the only thing that can breath life back into trek at this point. Trek killed itself before JJ ever got his hands on it.

I love the blind
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suron
that's funny..considering it was the "death of trek" that drove them to JJ and the entire reason it was rebooted.

like it or not JJ-Trek is the only thing that can breath life back into trek at this point. Trek killed itself before JJ ever got his hands on it.

I love the blind
Funny thing is we now have this bloody lifeless mess that doesn't resemble Star Trek. Because it is missing you know actual... heart. All it was was items looking like Star Trek, lens flare, and pew pew. Basically Transformers, bad Star Wars, meets Star Trek. Coincidentally, the same badly met screenwriters of Transformers wrote Star Trek 09. The thing that can breath life into something is something innovative and new not this fad called reboot and remake. Trust me the sequel next year will be more of the same and will be nothing new and probably more shameless pew pew.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Maybe we could sign a petition to bring back star trek or write CBS or whoever saying the fans want a star trek series etc?