Lt. Commander
# 21
09-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suron
that's funny..considering it was the "death of trek" that drove them to JJ and the entire reason it was rebooted.

like it or not JJ-Trek is the only thing that can breath life back into trek at this point. Trek killed itself before JJ ever got his hands on it.

I love the blind
I don't think Trek was dead. Maybe it didn't have a currently running series, but Star Trek has a large enough fan base that it will never die. Also, with Netflix playing all of the series, except DS9, a whole new generation of children are being drawn into the Trek universe.

For example, my 2 children are 8 and 5, and they watch episodes of TNG, TOS, Voy, and ENT constantly on Netflix. They love it! For christmas I got them each one of those mattel star trek ships, 1701-A and 1701-D. They were just supposed to be filler presents, but they ended up being the coolest thing they got that year, in their opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
What is that from?
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho791 View Post
What is that from?
lol sorry wrong link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ft7WILemLU its very impressive, is JJ Abram gets wind of this and has any sense he will use it.

Edit: Wonder what story they could have used for nemesis, there must be loads.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
lol sorry wrong link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ft7WILemLU its very impressive, is JJ Abram gets wind of this and has any sense he will use it.

Edit: Wonder what story they could have used for nemesis, there must be loads.
no your original link was right, I meant what is that enterprise from. Who is Gabriel Koerner?
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
You want to see a definitive review of how crap Nemesis is? It's right here:

RedLetterMedia's Star Trek: Nemesis Review

Part 2

Part 3

Pert 4

Same guy who's famous for picking apart the awful mess that was the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy.

IMO, Nemesis is absolutely the worst Trek movie. Finally, my Romulans get center stage...and are IMMEDIATELY upstaged by a clone - Kid Picard - and his oogly-boogly henchmen, the Nosferatu-looking Remans. They basically make the Romulans out as idiots in this film, as well as the TNG cast. Dune buggies, another Data, young Picard being bald and into cougars/Troi, dumb bad-guy designs, ugly Reman ship, destroy earth for no reason, Troi mind-****, Worf back on the ship for no reason, Data's sacrific being moot, etc. etc. etc. Nothing about Nemesis makes any sense whatsoever, nor does it use previous Trek concepts creatively. It literally is a mish-mosh of TNG Trek stuff thrown together in an attempt to clone TWOK, and ends up being a really fine example of how to make 2 hours of stupid.

Lt. Commander
# 27
09-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
No, he won't. I like it, but he's not going to pay someone else royalties when he's already got a ship to use, and whose designer has been paid for his services.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Nemesis wasn't a perfect movie, but it was more enjoyable than the reboot. At least it didn't have some angry kid becoming captain of a powerful starship, well not quite since Shizon wasn't exactly Angry 'I hate you all' Teen Kirk.

As for the starships differences, Enterprise-E still looks graceful and powerful while JJprise looks like she's Homer Simpson's ideal view of a starship by turning it into a brewery.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina View Post
Nemesis wasn't a perfect movie, but it was more enjoyable than the reboot. At least it didn't have some angry kid becoming captain of a powerful starship, well not quite since Shizon wasn't exactly Angry 'I hate you all' Teen Kirk.

As for the starships differences, Enterprise-E still looks graceful and powerful while JJprise looks like she's Homer Simpson's ideal view of a starship by turning it into a brewery.
I think what they sould have done with the tenth movie was introduce something about the icoinans? I love the new enterprise e, i said this once and i'll say it again I wish we saw her complete refit at the end of the movie.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina View Post
Nemesis...was more enjoyable than the reboot in my opinion.
Fxd. Considering how badly it perfomed, and how many Trek fans seem to not like it vs AbramsTrek, I'm of the opinion the new one outdid it by quite a bit in the "how enjoyable is it?" department.

Quote:
At least it didn't have some angry kid becoming captain of a powerful starship, well not quite since Shizon wasn't exactly Angry 'I hate you all' Teen Kirk.
Exactly where did he come off like that when he gets along with McCoy rather quickly, totally digs Uhura + her roommate, and takes the advice of Captain Pike? Sorry, I don't see him "hating" anyone.

Quote:
As for the starships differences, Enterprise-E still looks graceful and powerful while JJprise looks like she's Homer Simpson's ideal view of a starship by turning it into a brewery
I don't find the Enterprise E to be all that, sorry.