Lt. Commander
# 1 KDF Loincloth/Cape Animation
09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I've been experimenting with my KDF Klingon this week. I bought the Klingon Academy Uniform and decided to use its belt/loincloth combo with another uniform. Both the loincloth and the Veteran's Cape have this gentle updraft animation which never stops. When walking, the front loincloth slips between the character's legs and looks bad.

This is spectacularly worse on an Orion Female. Especially in the Lounge position. The Orions loincloth flies up. Think Marilyn Monroe standing over the subway vent in Some Like It Hot. Without benefit of the skirt. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
The slips between the legs when walking is what happens actually, its better then what the other loincloths have right now.

the loincloths need some softbody+collision detection.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
There is also the Reman cape, for those that have one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2011, 03:41 AM
Loincloth/Cape's in this game are ridiculous .

Loincloth look like the never ending fart ... , and capes are too small and too far away from the toon's body .
In short , both are very poorly animated .
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Its that way to prevent clipping with the body, since apparently there is no physics or collision detection attached to them.
And yes, it looks bad.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Loincloths missing?
12-20-2011, 11:39 PM
I have seen a few Orion females pass by me in First City, and I saw no loincloths although the metallic bikini bottom was clearly visible. Is this some kind of exploit to lose those unwanted loincloths, or was that some unintended artifacting within my game client displaying an error that only I was seeing on my monitor?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyShore
I have seen a few Orion females pass by me in First City, and I saw no loincloths although the metallic bikini bottom was clearly visible. Is this some kind of exploit to lose those unwanted loincloths, or was that some unintended artifacting within my game client displaying an error that only I was seeing on my monitor?
It was a glitch a while back with the Off Duty costume slot that was wierd with the KDF.
For Orions at least it yet you combine most costume options and had the choice to loose the loincloth, unfortunately they fixed it though.
I myself gave my Orion a pair of Klingon Boots along with her metal bikini and sash.