Lt. Commander
# 11
09-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
So as a Captain I am driving a T-3?
No, Captain level is T4, all the Admiral ships are T5. Some people start counting with 0, some with 1, I think there is some confussion since Cryptic people said they have a slightly different internal Tier system.

There is no distinction between the Rear Admiral ships and the Vice Admiral Retrofits necessary.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
So as a Captain I am driving a T-3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Tier 4. The ship you start with is tier 1, not 0. Tier 2 is Lt. Commander, Tier 3 is Commander, Tier 4 is Captain, Tier 5 is Admiral. There are some ships available at Rear Admiral and some only for Vice Admiral, but they're all tier 5.
Yea... sorry about that. Was supposed to say T1, but I geuss I hit 0 on the numeral-keyboard...
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Tier 4. The ship you start with is tier 1, not 0. Tier 2 is Lt. Commander, Tier 3 is Commander, Tier 4 is Captain, Tier 5 is Admiral. There are some ships available at Rear Admiral and some only for Vice Admiral, but they're all tier 5.
The players from the beginning referred the various Tiers of ships as T1, T2, etc. The confusion around Tier 0 vs Tier 1, etc. is that the devs internally refer to the ships tiers as 0-4. Your starter Miranda class iter a Tier 0, the Lt Commander ships are Tier 1 and so forth. The confusion has come about because the devs speaking publicly about the ship tiers using their internal numbering.

Most, if not all , devs nowadays use the player base 1 Tier numbering scheme. But the original Base 0 Tier numbering lives on in use by unknowing players.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
The players from the beginning referred the various Tiers of ships as T1, T2, etc. The confusion around Tier 0 vs Tier 1, etc. is that the devs internally refer to the ships tiers as 0-4. Your starter Miranda class iter a Tier 0, the Lt Commander ships are Tier 1 and so forth. The confusion has come about because the devs speaking publicly about the ship tiers using their internal numbering.

Most, if not all , devs nowadays use the player base 1 Tier numbering scheme. But the original Base 0 Tier numbering lives on in use by unknowing players.
I wouldnt say "unknowing", I still use the zero,like you said, they have been talking about internally they use a zero tier, but nothing said officially or stated specifically (at least that I can find) "Starter ships are T1" I would say this is ample enough argument for the zero tier system....I just include the refits as T5.