Lt. Commander
# 1 Caitian hair/manes before F2P?
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Any chance we see the hair tech for Caitians put in place before STO goes F2P? After all it is one more thing that feels unfinished about the game and we really want to impress all the new folks as much as we can.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
dont bet your hair on it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
dont bet your hair on it.
I guess my Caitian Female Engineer is doomed to look like this for the forseeable future.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Would be Canon and Soft Canon
09-07-2011, 06:43 PM
There no less then 5 cats races all of them had mains but I would love to see Detla IV in game as well . Last I heard the classic line "We are working on it" when someone was asked Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I guess my Caitian Female Engineer is doomed to look like this for the forseeable future.
Haha, so true.

Do you think M'Ress would be nearly as popular as she is if she looked like that (or as in STO currently) as opposed to what she really looks like as shown in Sleeves awesome avatar just above?

Heck guys and gals at Cryptic, just give us that one hair style as a stop gap measure until a full range can be gotten to and a lot of us would be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-08-2011, 11:53 AM
And proper Klingon hair tech too!
<---
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Id prefer if they focused on all the important items before any fluff stuff..

Id hate to play a game with perfect fluff, but broken gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Id prefer if they focused on all the important items before any fluff stuff..

Id hate to play a game with perfect fluff, but broken gameplay.
Generally, the art departments and "gameplay" departments are different people in most studios. Both can work in their respective areas at the same time without hampering each other.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post
Any chance we see the hair tech for Caitians put in place before STO goes F2P? After all it is one more thing that feels unfinished about the game and we really want to impress all the new folks as much as we can.
Seems that the answer is no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Cryptic: September 2011

Q: Furlong824: With the acquisition by PW complete, What are the chances that the small fixes that people have been requesting such as Caitian hair, rescaled ship interiors etc. will be addressed?

A: Chances are improving that we’ll be able to spend some resources to address some of these concerns. Your suggestions have been on our nice to have list for a while. We have already started hiring to build up the team size in order to have the manpower necessary to update all areas of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Seems that the answer is no.
I don't read it that way. Says they are hiring and will be able to address more issues we are concerned about.

Now, whether that means they'll get to Caitin hair before F2P gets launched or not depends on where the art department's priorities are being placed.

Quite frankly if I was a new player and saw all the bald kittys (or heaven forbid BOUGHT one from the C-Store), I wouldn't have a very good impression.

As I said above, just pump out one quick Female long hair option for the player base that mimics M'Ress' style and you'd make 90% of the people with Caitian's happy (and make it look a lot more Star Treky around Caitian NPCs). Other hair options can come later when things calm down a bit.