Lt. Commander
# 21
09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
And it's exactly what will be taken away if Cryptic does this, and I will not have gotten, as a result.
NOTHING is going to be taken away from you, not the rewards, nothing. Stormshade's made that pretty clear
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
And it's exactly what will be taken away if Cryptic does this, and I will not have gotten, as a result.
Your signature is hilariously funny.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
NOTHING is going to be taken away from you, not the rewards, nothing. Stormshade's made that pretty clear
The question isn't "Are us Lifers losing our Lib Borg characters?" (that is a type-o in the thread header, sorry) We are well aware that we are not losing them.

The question is: Are Lifetime Subcribers losing the exclusive use of the Liberated Borg as characters?
Exclusivity isn't detailed in the wording in the advertised Lifetime Sucription, but it IS implied in "The Common Practice" by there not having been any other means to acquire them (to my knowledge).

I mean it's a simple question with a simple answer.
I'm not going to go stomping off mad and throwing tantrum over it or making flame/troll threads over it.
I'm a Lifer, I'm going to be here til the end.
Would just like a simple Yes or No answer.
Yes, Lifers will not be the only ones to be able to have the Lib Borg from F2P date on as opposed to how it has been prior to that date.
or
No, Lifers will be the only ones with the Lib Borg. The Joined Trill and Fed Klingon that Lib Borg are grouped with in the FAQ, are a separate issue since they were C-Store purchases not subcription rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Not literally taken away from me :p The intent behind the Liberated Borg as an incentive to buy the LTS and as a 'thankyou' for taking that dive, and the gratification it brings players to be able to use that borg , is being taken away if Cryptic does this.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-07-2011, 04:12 PM
There is a problem with clarity of your question. We have already been told that no one is LOSING anything. What you need to be asking is will NON-lifers be able to get the item in question.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There is a problem with clarity of your question. We have already been told that no one is LOSING anything. What you need to be asking is will NON-lifers be able to get the item in question.
Is there a way to Edit my Thread title Nagus to fix my type-o?
I posted before i realized it didn't phase it right.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Not literally taken away from me :p The intent behind the Liberated Borg as an incentive to buy the LTS and as a 'thankyou' for taking that dive, and the gratification it brings players to be able to use that borg , is being taken away if Cryptic does this.
You are right. The liberated borg was an incentive. However, you didn't pay for the LTS for the liberated borg. You paid for the service and nothing more. Cryptic never once said it was exclusive, wouldn't matter even if they did. If they want to offer this toon to others then so be it. As a LT subscriber, I see no issues with it if they did.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd stop complaining about exclusives and the like, when people stop complaining about the lack of content.

You pay for server access, you aren't entitled to every piece of new content.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
To all the people that keep saying that Lifers did not pay for the Liberated Borg and can't complain, let me ask you, how are you justified complaining about lack of content?

I don't see where it says that when you buy a subscription to STO you are entitled to new content of a high enough quality every month?

Now, lets say it does guarantee that, well if they change the terms of service, are you still gonna complain if there isn't any or are you going to just be like, "well i didn't pay for it so no biggie?"

I'm curious if anybody will even answer.
Content isn't a perk. Content is something they have to put out if they want to keep their business, and attract new business. Perks are something they don't ever have to give out because it doesn't keep subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Content isn't a perk. Content is something they have to put out if they want to keep their business, and attract new business. Perks are something they don't ever have to give out because it doesn't keep subscribers.
1) No, they are not legally required to put out or give content to anyone, its smart for them too but by no means is anyone entitled to it.

2) Perks both entice new customers and keep old customers happy.

Neither is required to be given out, they may be smart but not required.
Closed Thread