Lt. Commander
# 1 dilithium, how does it work
09-08-2011, 01:23 AM
I have heard of all marks/emblems being changed into dilithium, however i have also heard that it can be traded for c-points. I must ask, how will the dilithium system work,

1- when marks are turned to dilithium, are they all worth the same amount, ie 1 emblem = dilithium, and 1 exploration = 1 dilithium, or are the values different.

2- when trading for c points, will there be some form of exchange like the one in place for items, or will it be done in person like trading.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2011, 07:40 AM
We do not know what the current mission exchange rate for Dilithium will be.

As far as how we will get it, my guess is that lower Ranked missions will give less Dilitium per encounter: DV Cluster Exploration might give 20 Dilithium per 3 missions completed while B'Tran Exploration might give 200 per 3 mission . The Dillithium economy will be based around how much the average person can reasonable earn between Ranks. It would also seem that all new ships will be based on Dilithium at Rank-up rather then getting a free token. So when you go from Lt to Lt. Cmdr you will not get your T2 ship for "free." You will buy it with Dilithium reserves.

As far as how it will be handled on the Exchance. I assume the value will be placed by the seller of Cryptic Points. Someone will put their CPs on the Exchange for X amount of Dilithium: different people will assign a different value to their CPs. So someone might sell 100 CPs for 1,000 Dililthium. Someone else might sell 120 CPs for 1,000. The next person might sell 100 CPs for 900 Dilithium, and so on.

The economy will be based on the relative value of Dilithium. IE, Cryptic needs to make sure there is enough demand for Dilithium within the game (such as buying the more powerful PvP ship and ground weapons) that people are willing to trade CPs for it. If you can craft or buy better items on the C-Store then what you can obtain via Dilithium the economy exchange is not going to work - as there will be no reason to not just buy CPs directly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Cryptic needs to remove the emblems (then, Dilithium) from the 500 day vet reward if they're hoping to make this work.

Otherwise, people are just going to roll new level 1 characters, collect however much Dilithium 250 emblems represent, sell them on the exchange for CP that bind to their account, then delete the character and repeat the whole process a dozen times a day until there's more Dilithium out there than Energy Credits...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Cryptic needs to remove the emblems (then, Dilithium) from the 500 day vet reward if they're hoping to make this work.

Otherwise, people are just going to roll new level 1 characters, collect however much Dilithium 250 emblems represent, sell them on the exchange for CP that bind to their account, then delete the character and repeat the whole process a dozen times a day until there's more Dilithium out there than Energy Credits...
There will probably be some sort of artificial control/roadblock put in place to prevent duping like that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-09-2011, 07:02 AM
"dilithium, how does it work" dilithium works just like magnets work and therefore no one really knows.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Here's what dstahl basically said...

Current system:
Energy Credits
Exploration Badge 1
Exploration Badge 2
Exploration Badge 3
Exploration Badge 4
Exploration Badge 5
PVP Badge 1
PVP Badge 2
PVP Badge 3
PVP Badge 4
PVP Badge 5
Mark of Exploration
Mark of Valor
Mark of Honor
Emblem

New system:
Dilithium

As to the breakdown, I would imagine the amount of dilithium increases as you level, and whatever you currently have would be converted. Maybe something like this:

Energy Credit = 1 dilithium
Exploration Badge 1 = 5 dilithium
Exploration Badge 2 = 10 dilithium
Exploration Badge 3 = 15 dilithium
Exploration Badge 4 = 20 dilithium
Exploration Badge 5 = 25 dilithium
PVP Badge 1 = 5 dilithium
PVP Badge 2 = 10 dilithium
PVP Badge 3 = 15 dilithium
PVP Badge 4 = 20 dilithium
PVP Badge 5 = 25 dilithium
Mark of Exploration = 50 dilithium
Mark of Valor = 50 dilithium
Mark of Honor = 50 dilithium
Emblem = 100 dilithium

This is just a guess, obviously, but I could easily see something like this happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post

most players aren't going to get their character to Rear Admilral just to delete it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I believe that Energy Credits, Merits, and GPL are staying. Everything else is getting converted to Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Here's what dstahl basically said...

most players aren't going to get their character to Rear Admilral just to delete it.
WOW you are wrong, I have friends that have 5 orion femal BO's they got by leveling up to ambasador, sent BO to main character, delete character, start a new 1 and level up to ambasador again !!
efficient saurians ??? ect...
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone1970 View Post
WOW you are wrong, I have friends that have 5 orion femal BO's they got by leveling up to ambasador, sent BO to main character, delete character, start a new 1 and level up to ambasador again !!
efficient saurians ??? ect...
Your friend is probably the exception to the rule rather then the norm.

Though I have deleted admirals that no longer interested me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Streams of matter and antimatter directed into crystallized dilithium generate plasma that is used to power the warp drives that allow starships to travel faster than light.
Dilithium's chemical symbol is Dt, its atomic weight is 87 and it is a member of the hypersonic series of elements.
It is established that a large amount of dilithium can cause a planet to become geologically unstable.