Lt. Commander
# 11
09-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone1970 View Post
WOW you are wrong, I have friends that have 5 orion femal BO's they got by leveling up to ambasador, sent BO to main character, delete character, start a new 1 and level up to ambasador again !!
efficient saurians ??? ect...

I guess you missed the word "most" in my post? "Most" refers to a majority of people, not the entirety of people. The fact that your friends do it does not mean that the majority does it. It simply means your friends are in the minority.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Once again, only a developer can really answer that question for sure.
Others can only offer wild speculation and opinons.
perhaps pose your question in the Ask Cryptic for Sept thread...?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela

most players aren't going to get their character to Rear Admilral just to delete it.
I never claimed they would. The thing about Vet awards is that they link to your account, not your character. So once you obtain it on a VA, you get it on all your characters, including the ones you haven't created yet. The moment you log in there's a whole slew of accolades that comes across your screen. We haven't any great problems now cause 1) Emblems aren't transferable, and 2) the gear that can be bought with them, even if it doesn't bind on purchase, can't be purchased until you a reach a certain level.

If all levels use the same currency, and we get a dose of Dilithiium at level 1 that would still be more than respectable at level 51, then that's immediately usable or sellable. Unless they lock out your ability to sell Dilithium on the exchange till at least RA level, people can throw it out there right away, at level 1, and once it's gone create a new level 1 character to do it again. And again. And just to make it easier, the tutorial with no exchange consoles in it is going to eventually become skippable.

I'm not saying there will be a problem, I'm saying there very well might be. A vet award seems like an easy thing to overlook.

The easiest fix I think would be to simply replace the emblems in it with something else. The middle ground would be a character bound token that lets you talk to an NPC on Qo'noS or ESD who'll then give you however much dilithium is appropriate for your level, one time only. So you can either start with a Miranda full of mk II kit, or hang on to it possibly all the way till endgame and still get the equivalent of 250 emblems worth of Dilithium. Or put it all in one of those scaling crates we use for the Red Alerts and, I believe, some of the other dailies.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Here's what dstahl basically said...

Current system:
Energy Credits
Exploration Badge 1
Exploration Badge 2
Exploration Badge 3
Exploration Badge 4
Exploration Badge 5
PVP Badge 1
PVP Badge 2
PVP Badge 3
PVP Badge 4
PVP Badge 5
Mark of Exploration
Mark of Valor
Mark of Honor
Emblem

New system:
Dilithium
Energy Credits are not going to be converted into dilithium. Only Emblems, Marks, and Badges.