Lt. Commander
# 1 Nooby question
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
How do i make something trigger when i die?

say that i want to trigger a map transfer when the character dies
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2011, 03:04 PM
only way i can thing of is have a bunch on spawns popup after an objective complete and then have a respawn point far away from them then trigger a map transfer with a interact with random object
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdraftbrn View Post
only way i can thing of is have a bunch on spawns popup after an objective complete and then have a respawn point far away from them then trigger a map transfer with a interact with random object
i've seen missions where u map transfer just by dying :|
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-08-2011, 02:12 AM
First Cause, then Effect mission?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-08-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure, but it might work to put the respawn on a reach marker. I can't remember if spawning on a reach marker triggers it.

However even if it does, there's two major problems with doing this:

1) You can't guarantee the player will die. Even if you drop 20 ships on him, he might hit Evasive Maneuvers and manage to get out of range before they kill him. If you do something less extreme then survival becomes more likely.

2) You can't guarantee he won't die before he's supposed to. And unless something's changed since I last checked, respawn points have a huge trigger radius and there's no way to prevent one from activating until a component or objective is complete. Even if you set the visibility to not show before some trigger, that doesn't do anything (I guess the non-visible respawn point is set to invisible, but it still works just fine). They'll always activate no matter what, and their huge radius means they trigger almost at the very start of your mission.