Lt. Commander
# 21
09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
you talking about KDF'ers, or Cryptic? 'Cause I'm seriously considering it (yet again)
Was thinkin' first and foremost about Cryptic.
The thought that players would think the same way actually hadn't crossed my mind at that point, probably because I'm used to seeing people leave by now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
If cryptic designs something of that nature again, then they'll already have a good number of feds with klingons to buy the kling mission pack..
WHOAHwhoah, whoah, whoah whoah whoah, say what?

I've been subbing for how long without new KDF content and under F2P I'm going to have to PAY for KDF content?
As if the monies from my sub haven't been good enough?

I've got a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this...
I hope like hell you didn't read this filed under "official" anywhere....
Though I wouldn't put it past them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Was thinkin' first and foremost about Cryptic.
The thought that players would think the same way actually hadn't crossed my mind at that point, probably because I'm used to seeing people leave by now.
If it makes you feel any better, my fleet left for another game like 6-10 months ago. But then again, we were KDF ground PvP'ers too.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
WHOAHwhoah, whoah, whoah whoah whoah, say what?

I've been subbing for how long without new KDF content and under F2P I'm going to have to PAY for KDF content?
As if the monies from my sub haven't been good enough?

I've got a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this...
I hope like hell you didn't read this filed under "official" anywhere....
Though I wouldn't put it past them...
It's cryptic, i think it's bound to happen. I don't think they actually cared that we paid into STO hoping to get new content, and then charge us again to see that "promised" content in the F2P realm.

This is cryptic we'e talking about here after all
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
You know, we don't know for certain Klingons will start at level 25. Only that they are unlocked at that level. They may start at lvl 19? Or 15? Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ahhh, but you see, I can't say that. The reason is, we have not stated at what level Klingon Characters will be starting at after the free-to play transition. We've only stated what level they will unlock at.

The actual starting level has not been locked down 100% yet.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khern View Post
You know, we don't know for certain Klingons will start at level 25. Only that they are unlocked at that level. They may start at lvl 19? Or 15? Who knows?
As the game stands now, new KDF characters are roughly the same level your Fed character is when you unlock them.

It's only logical to assume Cryptic will follow this pattern. (History repeats itself?)

And while the discussion is still apparently open for debate (as no official word has been given), I'd like to assume that we have some sort of say in the matter.

As appealing as it may be (to new & old players alike) to start off a KDF toon at a higher level, I feel that the cons vastly outweigh the pro's, both in the long- and short-term. (these are laid out in the OP)

I believe there are alternative solutions to cutting out a great deal of the progression, that still allow the player to experience the faction from the staring level (as it is now) without it feeling like so much of a grind.

I've already expressed some ideas in this thread, and welcome others to contribute.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-09-2011, 07:59 AM
We're all forgetting one important factor: the ADD of cryptic

Didn't Stahl or some other higher up say that klingons were slated to get new variants for ships? Including T2 ones?

It's like when Cryptic decided to release ship interiors (yay walking inside ships!). Was there any functionality with them? Silly customer, that's coming later! For now, we're going to work on something else!

It may or may not be possible for klingons to start at a level lower than 25, or higher than 25, or hell unlocked and then have max ranked klingons. This is cryptic. Logic is out the window with them.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Stormshade made the following reply yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot
If I may, the poster's main question was in regards to a Tier 3 ship, which would be one of the options available at Commander. I think he wants you to say, "Upon starting your Klingon character you will be given the option to choose any of the three to six available Tier 3 ships."
Ahhh, but you see, I can't say that. The reason is, we have not stated at what level Klingon Characters will be starting at after the free-to play transition. We've only stated what level they will unlock at.

The actual starting level has not been locked down 100% yet.

Thanks,

Stormshade
It's entirely possible that the KDF itself won't change at all post F2P. Cryptic is just planning to prevent new (and some existing) players from creating KDF characters.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
There sure is a lot of negativity in this thread. I recommend y'all stop frightening each other with baseless assumptions until we actually have some information.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/g/src/131423486850.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
There sure is a lot of negativity in this thread. I recommend y'all stop frightening each other with baseless assumptions until we actually have some information.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/g/src/131423486850.jpg
I like this one better:

http://sageduck.org/interesting/worl...racy-chart.jpg

but let's just say we're not just frightening each other, we're basing some of it on (bad) expriences we all had with Cryptic and the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-09-2011, 11:08 AM
do the levels start at level 25 right now if i were to make a new toon???