Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ahhh, klingons. My favorite trek race/faction. Your birds of prey make me swoon, your bat'leth make me hungry for battle. But...what will i be fighting? I've decided to make a bit of a complaintative post on klingon content, and how lacking it can be. My disdain for the content grew to a head a few days ago when i landed on a planet to kill dangerous plants. That's right, i'm a commander in a mighty klingon warship with victories under his belt and a line straight to J'mpok, and apparently the KDF has decided that killing dangerous weeds on a backwater world would be a glorious battle.

Whilst i am just thrilled with the idea of exploration missions being available to klingons, it just feels inadequate. There's thousands of campaign scenarios that could be brought up, from the federation/klingon/romulan conflicts to the Undine that the klingons have been fighting desperately, but we see none of that, do we? No Hur'q? I actually played one of the few mission lines that told a story, the one surrounding house Martok: it was brilliant, why do we not see more of that in the higher tiers?

I do hope there's more in development, the overall quality of the game has skyrocketed as of late and it would the sons and daughters of Kahless no justice if they hit maximum rank and not have a few good stories to tell to the newer people in the faction.

Qa'Pla!
-Mok'Nar Bruk'Dan
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Exploration missions pretty much suck for both factions. The KDF has very few story episodes, but the ones it does have are definitely among the best in the game.

It sounds like you've only done the level 10 story chain, there is another one at 20 and one at 30, and both are quite fun and good and do actually touch on some of the issues you suggested.

Naturally there should be more, but the few that are there are excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Welcome to the KDF .

Regretably the Devs decided in unism with the Federation to let the KDF slowly bleed out of warriors with boring and bugged missions.

To help ease the pain you can do the FE episodes which bring in more XP when done the first time, regretably these were shifted in level so they are unlocked latter in game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-05-2011, 01:10 AM
What would make the tribble hunts great is if the tribbles would not sit in a pile to get shot at.
Have individual swarms roam the area and bounce around doing evil unspeakable things and we have to kill them one by one while they bounce all over the place. Just for the comic relieve.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
The KDF has very few story episodes, but the ones it does have are definitely among the best in the game.
I would go one step further and say that the storyline KDF missions are *the* best in the game. Nothing I've played fedside comes close.

And for the record I played first, and still predominantly, fedreation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-05-2011, 04:36 AM
What? You refuse to fight the most menacing and dangerous enemy the Empire ever had in history? You intend to hide behind Hur'q, Borg and Undine just because you are afraid of the fearsome Tribbles!!!

HONORLESS COWARD!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpandexScientist
Ahhh, klingons. My favorite trek race/faction. Your birds of prey make me swoon, your bat'leth make me hungry for battle. But...what will i be fighting? I've decided to make a bit of a complaintative post on klingon content, and how lacking it can be. My disdain for the content grew to a head a few days ago when i landed on a planet to kill dangerous plants. That's right, i'm a commander in a mighty klingon warship with victories under his belt and a line straight to J'mpok, and apparently the KDF has decided that killing dangerous weeds on a backwater world would be a glorious battle.

-Mok'Nar Bruk'Dan
Any battle done in the service of the Empire is a glorious battle, no matter how trivial it may seem. It is not how much honor and glory we have that determines if we are loyal servants of the Empire. No task should be to simple or too small for a true warrior. While humility is not the Klingon way, we do not shirk from our duty, and what may seem to be beneath you, might be dangerous to lesser servants of the Klingon Empire.

We must do our duty and stand by our oaths to the Chanselor and the Counsil, house and kin. Tribbles, plants or Romulans. It matters not. If it is an enemy to the Empire it wil fall beneath my blade or face its destruction in the cold depths of space.

For the Empire
-Khern, son of Whrogan
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Just pretend you're shooting Dstahl, and not a pile of tribbles. Trust me, it helps a little.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
What would make the tribble hunts great is if the tribbles would not sit in a pile to get shot at.
Have individual swarms roam the area and bounce around doing evil unspeakable things and we have to kill them one by one while they bounce all over the place. Just for the comic relieve.
now that would be a HELLO lot of fun lol

could make a fleet war over that.. chase the tribble...
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
The Tribble focus of the KDF exploration missions really ruins the atmosphere. Tribbles are a joke. They work in small doses. If 1/4th of your Exploration missions involves Tribbles, you feel like the entire faction is a joke and can't take the game seriously.

At least that's how it works for me. If you want to make a joke episode, design them as a fully fledged humoristic episode (where you can also put effort into the dialogs). Than they can be a awesome, just like the original Tribble episodes.
As "random encounter", it's silly.