Lt. Commander
# 1 FDC Ambassador uniform
09-08-2011, 09:54 PM
can the colors be changed just like other uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes. It can. Though it is the off duty uniform I remember from nemesis. But alas who cares about that movie.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaar
can the colors be changed just like other uniforms?
Yes and no. For the Jacket, only the middle portion can have its color changed, as well as the piping around the chest and arms. For the Pants, I want to say you can't change it at all from black and gold... But to be honest, I tried to keep my set canon, and did not try modifying the pants too much.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royobannon View Post
Yes and no. For the Jacket, only the middle portion can have its color changed, as well as the piping around the chest and arms. For the Pants, I want to say you can't change it at all from black and gold... But to be honest, I tried to keep my set canon, and did not try modifying the pants too much.
Cannon it almost is. In the films, the Starfleet dress Uniform had Captains and Admirals were the center section in white, while all other officers had a grey center. This part we can reproduce on the STO FDC Uniform.

However, in STO we can only have one color of piping. In the films, most of the piping on these uniforms was gold, but the small horizontal piping below the shoulders was actually the officer's division color. Picard's was red, Troi's blue, etc...

In STO, all of the piping is one color so we stuck with all gold or all red, etc. Not quite perfect...
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Cannon it almost is. In the films, the Starfleet dress Uniform had Captains and Admirals were the center section in white, while all other officers had a grey center. This part we can reproduce on the STO FDC Uniform.

However, in STO we can only have one color of piping. In the films, most of the piping on these uniforms was gold, but the small horizontal piping below the shoulders was actually the officer's division color. Picard's was red, Troi's blue, etc...

In STO, all of the piping is one color so we stuck with all gold or all red, etc. Not quite perfect...

Additionally, the pips on the in-game uniform are the standard STO pips (on the chest), whereas in the movies the pips were the TNG/DS9/Voy style on the collar.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
darn, i was hoping to change it to a starfleet red and black to better match what I wear now (and have my Bridge officers wearing)
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
A better question is, will it ever be fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix32 View Post
A better question is, will it ever be fixed?
I think that was asked before, and it was either "low on priority" or "intentional", so I don't see it being changed any time soon. We can hope though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Ugh... I'm so lazy, I have like 540 diplomatic xp left till Ambassador... When more FEs or missions come up I'll play more.