Lt. Commander
# 111
09-12-2011, 06:42 PM
psytce they said they will and they will do that ... why ? to make their game more "appealing" then they will start little by little to change STO to a PayToWin game ...
Look at foresaken world's shop or PW online shop you will forsee the close futur of STO ...

Well if that make the PVP more interesting why not ;P

Compared to other MMORPG there is alot of flaws in STO:

- NO real pvp pvp is more than you kicking my butt the level of reward doesn`t match the effort plus 1 well equiped bird of prey on RA lv can over comme in 4 minutes 5 federations ships and score 15 kills on his own.
- No real storry line ... mini bunch of itty bitty tiny shunky stories ...mosty of them being resumed by enter a system kill the squads of ennemy ships around the planet and warp out...
- No economy
- No housing system
- No goal other then collecting the next 10 level and the next free starship
- Once you get STF borgs rewards you have access to nothing that requires them and make them worthwhile and meaning to acquire a part the surface cometical ... And the whole game is that way no depth no meaning nothing that the surface of what could be a great game ...

- Borgs and Undine are super weak ... The federation is supposed to be overtaken by the klingons so how can they confront undine or borgs and get out of it alive ?

- 99,9% of STO is soloable so it's a suprise to have to play in cooperation for some missions.

- Any situation as only one way out fight your way through this is not the way the federation behave in fact it goes against all they stand for ..

MAking this early STO open to free to play only will give to the mass of people that will join it the taste of an unachieved game... I think the paying player community tried to alert Cryptic those past 18 month about that ... did they listen not a bit they continue to release what they wanted the pace they planned and nothing else.
If the day I paid for my lifetime I knew it would go free to play would I had subscribed the answer is NO
plain and simple NO. What I played so far of STO wasn't worst the price I paid and in fact I don't really play the game anymore since march 2011 ... I think I'm not alone in that case the level of deception is being raising in the paying community. If you are not a lifetimer I would suggest you to immediatly suspend you subscription and wait a few month to acces your account for free ... that the only logical course of event that makes any sens.

I was a hardcore gamers on most of MMORPG I played those past 10 years ,,, and I played aLOT of what was produced those past years I was able to stand more than 30 hours ingame in a raw without loosing any bit of interrest of it ... now in day and particularly since I play STO I can say I can't stay ingame more than 2 hours a month ,,, yeah STO cured me ... and this I regret so much ... in the end I have a life time subscription that means nothing and that I don't even care to use anymore ... how then can people comme massively free to play that game when the interest to play it is so low ?...

This question is the kind dan stahl will avoid and never reply to cause for him the game he does day after day is the best ... but I subscribed in may and what kept me going in it was two things the perspective of new things comming ( I know PW other f2p games you can't say they evolved since their launch f2p in PW's mind equals static games with new things to buy in shop bot nothing new in game) and the featured episodes which for once offered some piece of story in a game with a great back ground but none developement ...
Lt. Commander
# 112
09-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Now that star trek online is going free to play will the Gold member get access to custumize there avatars (toons) with the borg look that lifers get?
Lt. Commander
# 113
09-13-2011, 02:43 AM
its like i said guys i know cryptic are busy gettin ready for F2P but honestly, it dont take 2 mins to post a forum update letting us know when the things on the callander are actually coming, or even update the sto site, i pay my sub every month without fail and for what? so far the "minor and emergancy" patches are just a waste of time, they seem to be taking more pride in champions online that sto, if thats the case why relese a game they clearly are not interesed in? all the new things they promised us for season 4 are running late "as usual" and even then there isnt much of it, champions has loads of content so when is it sto's turn, we need more to keep us playing and paying, if im to carry on paying after it goes F2P i would like more content because as of this moment im VA and have been for a while all there is to do is either boring mission replays or pvp, and even those get boring after a while, they even promised more remastered ep's whats happend to those then? come on cryptic pull ya thumb out and give us more
Lt. Commander
# 114
09-13-2011, 03:33 AM
So they decided to make the KDF a P2P faction. What a move
Lt. Commander
# 115
09-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Canadian
Now that star trek online is going free to play will the Gold member get access to custumize there avatars (toons) with the borg look that lifers get?
Currently there are no plans to offer the Liberated Borg race outside of the lifetime subscription offer.
Lt. Commander
# 116
09-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
While it would be worth it , I think you misread something.
Lt. Commander
# 117
09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Will we see more actors do voice overs. Also if possible could we have Alice Krige reprise her role as the borg Queen?
Lt. Commander
# 118
09-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Maybe Tricksterbro should have worded it to include the words "and mention something you've not mentioned or hinted towards in the past few Ask Cryptics"?
I'll have to remember that next time
Lt. Commander
# 119
09-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Who said that? The matrix doesn't, just that it gets unlocked at 25 for those who haven't already unlocked the toon slot.
Lt. Commander
# 120
09-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Great move to unlock the faction, but have to pay for ships and character costumes in C-store.